Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exceed print area

Posted by Stoica 
Exceed print area
December 13, 2015 04:13AM
Hi all
My name is stoica and i need some info about the print area...
1.The prusa i3 can 100% print itself. The frame& bed mount
2. If i have a part that exceed prin area..can it be printed for example one half move controlled after that the other half some one had this issue??

Kind regards and have a nice day
Re: Exceed print area
December 13, 2015 01:47PM
It can't print itself 100% generally the frame is wood, acrylic or probably the best - metal. The electronics and cabling, hot end, motors, bed are all bought or salvaged from other (discarded) devices.

Printing parts larger than the bed is handled by designing them to fit together after printing. This is not that easy or automatic.

Keep doing your research.
December 13, 2015 01:49PM
Probably not, but it would depend on the design. The print head would hit the previously finished part. ABS parts can be glued together using acetone with no loss of strength.
December 13, 2015 03:05PM
1. I can manufacture one aluminium frame at work but.. Just one. For the future my wish is to print another one a larger printer that is why i'm intrested about the frame and the long parts.
2. Im thinking that if i print the first part .. At the end of it with a long slope\angle that will allow the hed not to touch the previosly printed part . they will stick together??
Or another idea to create inside the parts a gap to insert metal(like concrete)
3. Nice thinking about the acetorone the issue is not matching them perfectly and now what u use ABS \ PLA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login