Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap he3d prusa Xi3 3d printer kit - HELP! PLEASE!

Posted by tonyevans 
reprap he3d prusa Xi3 3d printer kit - HELP! PLEASE!
December 18, 2015 05:18PM
reprap he3d prusa Xi3 3d printer kit.

I purchased one of these and assembled it with great care but find NO INSTRUCTIONS as to how to get it printing - I am an absolute newbie to 3D printing and would like to find a step by step guide on how to proceed.

I have done my best to install the software but the machine moves erratically when I try to use the manual function from the software and most attempts at moving anything just end up with the motors locking and making a horrible noise?

Does anyone know where I can find a BEGINNERS GUIDE on how to get this thing to work PLEASE!

Tony - Australia
Re: reprap he3d prusa Xi3 3d printer kit - HELP! PLEASE!
December 19, 2015 08:43AM
I'm not sure there is a true guide to making everything work, but there are plenty of "how to fix an issue" in this forum. Search for a single problem you are trying to solve, instead of looking for a one stop guide for all of them. one by one you will get it running and calibrated.
Re: reprap he3d prusa Xi3 3d printer kit - HELP! PLEASE!
December 19, 2015 08:20PM
It appears that the HE3D Xi3 is very similar to the Migbot i3. Search for threads for the Migbot as it may provide some help. Don't forget that the HE3D Xi3 uses Ramps 1.4 + Mega 2650 + 2004LCD and a Mk8 extruder. There could be slight differences.

I also bought the same Xi3 printer direct from HE3D. It shipped to Australia very quickly. I haven't got it going yet as I broke the main acrylic frame assembling it. Acrylic does not stand up to being dropped. It has a tendency to crack. I am replacing the broken main acrylic frame with a 9mm mdf frame as it seems a lot more rigid and I can still use the PLA parts that were supplied with the kit. I intend using the old frame as a template and cutting it out with a jigsaw. I will be painting the mdf as it needs to be sealed otherwise it will absorb moisture.

The only instructions I have are on the SD card and the Xi3 page on reprap.org. Neither give much beyond assembly or software installation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 08:28AM by rufusgartz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login