Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABS or PLA for prusa i3 rework printed parts

Posted by Stoica 
ABS or PLA for prusa i3 rework printed parts
December 29, 2015 08:35AM
Hi all
i'm about to buy the printed parts for prusa i3 rework from ebay but i found two sellers witch sells same parts but one sell parts manufactured from PLA one from ABS
Witch do you think is Better because the monney diffrence is not so big
Re: ABS or PLA for prusa i3 rework printed parts
December 29, 2015 09:58AM
ABS all the way.
One of the reasons I only print in ABS is I like to use parts that I make.
December 29, 2015 11:38AM
I'd say for anything you are printing to use as either replacement parts, upgrades etc. for a 3D printer or if you require added strength for other projects definitely go with the ABS. For food related items you might make, I'd go PLA or PETG.
December 29, 2015 08:44PM
If you ever want to print ABS, you'll need a heated chamber and the PLA components will not hold up to the required temperatures. Go with ABS.
I'm currently reprinting all of my components in polycarbonate so that they will resist even higher chamber temperatures for more exotic materials.
December 29, 2015 09:59PM
If possible, I would try and find the parts in PET-G. It has the strength, if not more, than ABS. But if you can't find it in PET-G, then go with ABS.
December 30, 2015 04:04AM
I've always found pla very unforgiving when printing any functional parts, it's just too brittle to allow for a little wiggle room, such as a little flexibility to push bearings in etc...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login