Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprapro is closing down

Posted by Gaou 
Reprapro is closing down
January 04, 2016 03:47PM
I was trying to order some things but i saw that there is a new announcement in their site saying that they are closing down......!!!!!! I am very sad as i liked their products and the company too...!
Very sad....
Re: Reprapro is closing down
January 05, 2016 10:55AM
I am also sad to see RepRapPro go, I never had any bad experiences with them and they seem to have been in the market as enthusiasts and to be leaving to do something else.

Mike
VDX
January 05, 2016 11:11AM
... sad, indeed - but Adrian did enough to start and support the community -- so could be, he's settling down ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 05, 2016 12:57PM
It's very sad news. RepRapPro was an innovative company. I think they were the first to sell a kit (the Ormerod 1) with modern easy-to-configure electronics, no potentiometers to adjust, and controlled through a web interface. The quality of the parts they supplied was generally very high, and they provided good support (how many other kit suppliers employ a support engineer?). Their Fisher Delta printer kit was another innovative design, using acrylic side panels to stiffen the towers and a simple yet effective bed probing technique, and was offered at a low price - yet it still came with good electronics and good support. Sadly, the market didn't realise how inferior the sub-$300 kits now available from China are.

Fortunately, the Duet electronics that they used were developed jointly with T3P3, and that company has carried the design forward and continues to do so.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 05, 2016 05:57PM
It's sad indeed..and quiet scary for small companies like us. We try hard to keep the reprap spirit in our kits and even making "products" out of them . I do believe there's a few features that can make big sellings regarding to "standard products" :
- printed structure parts : repair, evolve, hack,self upgrade ! It's the only way to make a product driven by a community instead of a marketing staff.
- no specialized part : only standard parts make the product really valuable for long time. even if the company stops, you can find anything on the market.
- open source GPL : of course ! no need to explain that here smiling smiley

I hope there will be other companies starting on that other than the few still living ( we are well living and expanding thx god ! ) .

It's so important , it's the first time people have a choice regarding technologic products between industry driven and community , open source driven product !

let's continue to fight smiling smiley My all thoughts go to this wonderful reprappro team..I really hope the next project will be wonderful !

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
January 05, 2016 06:27PM
Dear all:

Closing-down of RRP-UK is a sad news for our customers and supporters ,it is also pity to RRP-China. As mentioned in reprappro.com, RRP-China will continue our business . We will announce which service could be provided to our customers outside of China in due course.
Many thanks for your continuous support!

(sorry for repeated message here)

RepRapPro China 技术支持团队

西安锐普3D打印机有限公司
www.reprappro.com.cn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login