Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

is this a good deal

Posted by pochito413 
is this a good deal
January 08, 2016 12:29AM
Sorry as i am new to this and not sure what section this belongs in so please move if it belongs somewhere else.

I just want to know if this is a good deal

Prusa i2
Build volume is 7"x7"x5".
Arduino Mega computer
RAMPS 1.4 controller.
Medical grade power supply rated at 1200W.
Printer has a heated bed
more upgrades(trying to get exactly what upgrades have been done to it)

This printer is being sold to me for $400. It comes with about 6 rolls of filament from protoparadigm. Also comes with lots of spare parts. Would you pay $400 for this package?
Re: is this a good deal
January 08, 2016 01:07AM
Some are going to tell you how you could get it cheaper, but it sounds like a fair deal especially considering it's 1 already assembled and 2 comes with plenty of filament.

What material is the frame? That can matter.

That power supply us overkill by the way.
January 08, 2016 08:22AM
Yea icknow the power supply is overkill. Idk why he went with that but it is included with the printer. I will ask him what updates have been done and also what material the frame is
January 08, 2016 09:34AM
What hotend? If it is a chinese clone, then you should expect to buy a new hotend.

I think with the 6 rolls of filament, spare parts, etc., it's a solid deal. The filament alone is worth ~$100-150. Later down the road, you could easily print parts for a different model printer if you wanted to upgrade.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
January 08, 2016 08:06PM
Its got a mark iv head on it. Frame is made from abs parts and steel. Im going to pull the trigger and get it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login