Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gada Grand Personal Manufacturing Prize - Deferred?

Posted by RevarBat 
Gada Grand Personal Manufacturing Prize - Deferred?
January 08, 2016 12:49AM
I didn't see this mentioned here, so I figured I would post this as an update.

At [kprize.wordpress.com] is this update on the awarding of the Gada Grand Personal Manufacturing Prize:

Kartik Gada
1/1/2016 : We have a decision about the Prize results.

For the Grand Personal Manufacturing Prize, unfortunately, of the entries submitted, only two were sufficiently impressive, but neither of those two were able to come close to the Prize specifications. Hence, there is no award. We would like to, however, extend honorable mention to ‘Snappy’, one of the entries that comes very close to full self-replication.

There was similarly no entry for the Water Prize that came close to the specifications.

A Prize (as opposed to a grant) always runs this risk, because the criteria are by definition set to very high bar. If it is too easy, it does not force innovation above the general trendline.

The Uplift Prize may be resurrected at a future time, in a different form.
Re: Gada Grand Personal Manufacturing Prize - Deferred?
January 08, 2016 07:59AM
But thanks for all the ideas submitted! it helps to figure out where we do & dont want to go in the future....

They should at least work with some of the entries to make them better.
Re: Gada Grand Personal Manufacturing Prize - Deferred?
January 08, 2016 09:40AM
If I remember correctly, the requirements for the prize were pretty ridiculous. They basically wanted EVERY part of the printer to be printable, which is way ahead of the current technology.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login