is any one up on the rumba eco board?
January 08, 2016 01:17PM
ok my smoothie drivers died fast....dunno why, tried new wires etc they still popped, 4 of the 6...so i gave up with it, feck it more to the point that monies lost innit!

so, down graded to a rumba board, the 45 quid one, with jumpers (not dip switch's),

conects to my pc out of the box np, all the printer programs connect to it and report its gumf..

so, arduino and 'marlin'...arghhhhh arghhhhhhh angry angry anry lolol i've tried all the google guff, none of which actualy works. the driver for the rumba on the reprap page is propper viroused, i.e. when deleting the zip file it apears elsware on the pc, so it is a virous! its running 65 to 32 against it not being a virous and all the ways to ignore it.

i cant get it running, in marlin setting it to rumba returns an error not recognised board (its in the h.list) and or missing summut or other in the line...

help?? please?
Re: is any one up on the rumba eco board?
January 09, 2016 04:49AM
Sort out your pc issues...

get malwarebytes run it. Then get a real virus scanner (nothing with the name free or Nortons or symantec in the title)

You will be unable to talk to the board till you get the drivers sorted and installed.

regarding marlin, presuming your attempting to run Marlin 1.1.0 Release Candidate 3

set "#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RUMBA" in configuration.h

Do not use the number 80 as listed in old out of date documentation, this only works on old versions of marlin

no idea what you mean by "h.list" it is listed in boards.h
January 09, 2016 04:56AM
The drivers on the smoothie are really hard to kill... Only way I can think of is really really bad stepper motor wiring with the ability to either short together or go open circuit randomly. And if that’s the case, your just going to kill the new board as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 04:57AM by Dust.
January 09, 2016 08:24AM
yes, the boards h. list.

the version on the board is 1.0 , i have malwarebytes..and yes i think your right about the driver, the whole file disapears when i remove the vorous. are there any otyher sources?

hmm, if my motor set wireing and/or motors were that badly wired would there any other way of telling? e.g. would thay actualy run or sparks or some other tell tale, i have changed the wire harneses with better grade stuff. (no missing steps no funny noises when they were running).

i was running the latest marlin and arduino, i cant find the latest version of marlin on a google any more, it updated itself to this version. ran fine, compiled etc etc, then just didnt any more? a small box apears with 'update' drivers in blue, or library in blue'. now it won compile with the set up that was working,.. i'll try the BOARD_RUMBA.

thumbs up
January 09, 2016 08:32AM
with BOARD_RUMBA no '80'

Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG
Board Intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Wire is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Warning: platform.txt from core 'Arduino AVR Boards' contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}", automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} "{archive_file_path}" "{object_file}". Consider upgrading this core.

Sketch uses 51,120 bytes (20%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 2,853 bytes (34%) of dynamic memory, leaving 5,339 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
January 09, 2016 08:54AM
January 09, 2016 10:31AM
from [www.reddit.com]

AVG is flagging RRD_RUMBA_TAURINO_DriverSetup.exe incorrectly as a virus, has been for a while..

Are you running AVG?

If you go here you will see AVG is the only virus scanner that says its a virus

I say AVG is full of BS, what do you expect when your probably running the free version

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 10:36AM by Dust.
January 09, 2016 11:23AM
yup running the free.

see the problem i had ignoring it (some say change the name of a thumbnail file) is it apears elsware later after file and virous removeall, i.e. it reinstalled elsware when gone, some times up to three times...i'll be reinstalling my system for sure.

in the past things like knaperply crap, norton be-elzie bub and others like macafree's bought or full or free, the problem is your pc slows n slows n craps out...avg and a couple others come up with ooodles of stuff, after removall the pc works again. i mean panda was brill! untill the pc stopped lol.
so without any definate proof...i aint allowing a virous.

btw, i rate nortons the worste ever, numerous other peoples have had plenty hassle with it, e.g. only allows the chosen programs to work, after that inone case, a colege lecturer in IT later found how all the students were passing and handing in so quick, the other program found the kiddy hack instantly.(but nortons ghost is good..)

is there any proof to say its not a virous? (the reinstalling aside).
January 09, 2016 12:12PM
ahhh poo...installed it regaurdles, now the rumba board no longers apears to be conected...got rid of the viroused files and the arduino no longer apears in programs list, ahhh yup yup yup
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login