Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creality 3d printer

Posted by pwave 
Creality 3d printer
January 12, 2016 09:09AM
Hi i am looking into getting the creality 3d printer bot would like to know if anyone had a chance to use it ?
I have a printrbot 1405 and it had a slop because the z axis is only held on one side .... dose the creality 3d printer also suffer from this problem ?
Re: Creality 3d printer
January 12, 2016 01:04PM
Creality seems like another bukito clone, which may have been a clone of something else?
January 12, 2016 03:10PM
did you try it does it have a slop on the x axis ?
January 12, 2016 04:19PM
No didn't try it, pity you couldn't see it assembled & working as RS components.
When you say slop on X, do you mean slope, or sloppy as in loose where it meets the Z, or X Carriage.
January 13, 2016 04:16AM
sorry meant slope
January 13, 2016 04:52PM
When I designed my printer to only have one Z axis, I was worried about slope of X, and thought about solutions to the problem before I found out if there was a problem, one idea was for a wire & counter weight running from the other end of X up & over the Z, like a large construction crane, the other solution the second Z, I've not decided yet if they are needed(not until I replace my 8-15mm PLA bushes with metal ones). Slope of X isnt such a big problem if the bed also slopes, but slop or sloppy would be an issue especially if it changed as the X carriage went from one end to other, but on the creality it doesnt have to travel too far out.

As I have no experience of the creality I cant say for sure, but what concerns me about the design is the 2 wheels on the back of Z column and I think one on the front, I would have thought it would be less prone to slope if the 2 wheels where on the opposite side(or 4 wheels not 3, maybe it doesnt matter), also I wonder how deformable the wheels are? I assume they are delrin or something harder than rubber, but more deformable than 8mm rods, I suppose a good thing to look for would be can the wheels be adjusted to clamp tight, the holes seem fixed with probably no adjustment, maybe it doesnt need it.

I do like the design of these they look small simple n cute

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 05:03PM by MechaBits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login