Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Innovative new type of extruder: the Vaeder V-struder

Posted by Vaeder 
Re: Innovative new type of extruder: the Vaeder V-struder
February 18, 2016 04:26PM
We didn't resort to name calling. I think you need to go back and take your own advice about making "provocative" posts.

So take a breath and try looking at it from the other side. You have someone with a brand new account show up and thier only posts are singing the Praises of something, and even go so far as to tell people not to doubt the item. Sounds suspicious to me.
February 18, 2016 05:02PM
if i take it from the other side: i would think "he tried the extruder! and i did not!" so maybe i can learn! instead of making people suspicious newbies.
create friend don't pick on people calling them sock puppets you should be ashamed of yourself i am old enough to be your father or even grandfather .
February 18, 2016 05:13PM
No one ever called you a sock puppet. I only asked if anyone thought it could be a sock puppet account. No one responded that they thought it was other than you.

Now your posts have chastised me for making assumptions. But here you are making assumptions about my age. So before you go and critize others behavior, better get your house in order first.
February 18, 2016 05:23PM
good projection i rest my case The Vaeder extruder is the best i have ever used. and that's a true fact
February 18, 2016 05:30PM
And what evidence do you have to support your "true fact" other than your word? It is only your opinion at this point.

Yes, the extruder looks like it works well and I have thought about how I could use it on some of my printers.
February 18, 2016 05:55PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we apologise for this interruption. Normal scheduled programming will resume momentarily.

We hope. smiling smiley
February 18, 2016 05:58PM
i printed abs, pla, pla-realflex and petg with it i bought one for 50 euro from reprapworld in the Netherlands that's my evidence call them up buddy .
so you can buy and test one yourself and ask if i bought one LOL .
thats my answer and advice .
I just make industrial grade delta printers used in the medical and industrial field so what do i have to proof?
February 18, 2016 06:13PM
I have heard that Martijn Korevaar the inventor of the Vaeder is coming with new printer novelties.
I am not at liberty to disclose the nature of the device but if its like the Vaeder it must be awesome. smileys with beer
February 18, 2016 06:28PM
If you are serious about recommending this extruder and you want to be taken seriously, you will have to provide a lot more information. For example, what printer have you installed it in, what other extruders you have tried, what problems you had with them, in what way you think this new extruder is better, how much filament you have printed with it and what types of filament. Otherwise I will take no notice of you. For all I know, even if you are genuine, you may be a novice who has only ever used a crappy Chinese direct drive extruder with an undersized motor before.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 18, 2016 07:01PM
precisely no more crappy extruders! use the Vaeder and use linear rail on your delta.
my experience with the Vaeder is that it is non destructive it keeps the filament intact i used it with flex and that worked fine too.
if you want to know more about me and my printers look on thingiverse under Braveheart and print one of my boxes.
its for free
February 19, 2016 07:38AM
ElmoC
You have someone with a brand new account show up and thier only posts are singing the Praises of something, and even go so far as to tell people not to doubt the item. Sounds suspicious to me.
And to me too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 07:38AM by Frans@France.
February 19, 2016 08:11AM
this is a reprap forum not the FBI lol get creative and stop incriminate honest printer builders .ps get a free box i designed at thingiverse more then 100 different models for free to all newbie suspects and inspectors on the sideline LOL .
just type my name no big deal i love designing things and build printers cast silver and gold.
February 19, 2016 08:25AM
braveheart
ust type my name no big deal i love designing things and build printers.
If I had liked and/or had items you designed in my collection I would had removed the "like" and removed the design from my collection based on your postings here.
February 19, 2016 09:05AM
LOL good for you friend keep up your positive thinking .
do you design too?
February 19, 2016 02:12PM
Guys, why don't you take this pissing match to the PMs and leave the thread for actual discussion about the Vaeder extruder. I'll probably try out the Vaeder extruder soon for myself to see how well it fares against a geared nema 17
February 23, 2016 02:55PM
Was this ever posted to GitHub?
February 23, 2016 05:23PM
wfcook

[github.com]
March 30, 2016 02:03PM
3DRapidClone
wfcook

[github.com]

tried printing this. but the bearings does not fit where they are intended in the assembly video.

the main drive wheel only fitts the 623 bearing and not the 625 that is in the video ? same goes for the top slots on the big gear
March 30, 2016 03:42PM
Hello,

Do you have any plans to test with a J-Head?

Best Regards,

Brian
May 11, 2016 01:19PM
I've ordered this extruder. I am actually using a Wade's extruder, so I was wondering if I can use this extruder directly or if I need to print an adapter.

Thanks
May 22, 2016 06:54AM
I've build the Vaeder extruder that's on github and have used it for some months now. It works way better than hobbed bolt exruders i've used before.

I noticed the new type extruders you guys had in the shop when i visited, and are selling online, is updated a lot since then.
Are there plans to publish the stl's of the new type also, or will this only be sold at reprapworld?

Greets,
Cees
June 15, 2016 10:48PM
wow why the hate?
Yes im sure the original developer didn't help himself with wonderful claims that this extruder will compete with sla ..... but ya know, maybe he just liked his design and was proud of it....(plenty of other people have made worse claims)
Anyhow I downloaded the design off git and printed it out, and yes its really good. Im using it on two corexy printers with bowden setups and im not experiencing any jams or chewed filament any more like i was with geared hobbed bolts, especially on long prints with lots of retraction.
Have run ABS and PLA 1.75mm through it and both have printed well.
Initially it was a bit fiddly to feed filament into, but once you get your head around how the feed wheel drops in and out with the quick release, its no more complex than a geared wades setup.
If a few more designers looked at the design, im sure it could be refined and simplified even further, but even as it is ill not put another hobbed bolt on any of my printers.
June 16, 2016 06:26PM
Are the STLs available yet?
June 16, 2016 09:41PM
June 19, 2016 05:03PM
Just got two kits from RepRapworld.
The assembly video is really bad -- terrible music -- instead of comments on build steps
all you see is assemblers fingers in the way.
There should be a written manual --- but with probably only two sales -- that's not comming
unless I write one myself

I had missing parts No tires?

Powered thru the build
had to bore out all holes and nut capture holes
bore out printed pulleys to get bearings in
-- looks like I got it right.
but
who knows without an Assembly drawing

There is no guide or feed between filament exit from belt
to metal filament guide that is definitely a loading hang up spot,
video shows plastic tube that was not in my kit

I think it may be impossible to use this a a DIRECT extruder
because the clamps to hold hotend are PLA and would probably melt quickly,
may have to make insulated adapter --- I didn't know it was Bowden only

I'll put it on a printer and try it out
and
maybe do a build video / document with second build.

Right now thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down
confused smiley
June 19, 2016 05:37PM
Looked like a really good idea, but they are going to have go a long way to beat an e3d titan on any level.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
June 19, 2016 06:06PM
DjDemonD
Looked like a really good idea, but they are going to have go a long way to beat an e3d titan on any level.

So true. Especially if they are so lacking in assembly instructions.
June 28, 2016 03:22PM
Anybody out there using a
Vaeder V-struder

Any adjustment / tension issues?
Are tires required?

confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login