Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom builder wanted.

Posted by RPearce 
Re: Custom builder wanted.
January 31, 2016 03:16PM
its for the US Division of Pearce Industries, we want a machine on both sides of the border. this is the budget we allotted as we have no investors so everything is out of my pocket
January 31, 2016 03:52PM
Well, best of luck, you seem to be at your budget limit with just the build plate.
January 31, 2016 03:54PM
So you're going to be depending on these two machines for your income. Do you think it's wise to try to go cheap with so much riding on the performance of a couple unknown quality printers cobbled together from the cheapest available parts?

Are the only specs you have for these machines the size and cost? I think you'd better consider print quality and speed. Are your customers going to accept whatever comes from these unknown machines? One big factor in whether something like this can be profitable is the amount of time you have to spend getting the machines to work. How much reprinting can you afford to do?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 31, 2016 04:00PM
There's lots of things you could do with a 3D printer inside a company without printed parts going anywhere near a customer. Fix a problem with a suitable widget at one location and have the same solution available at the other site a couple of hours later.
February 12, 2016 06:22PM
So what is the progress for the custom printer
from the Canadian Pearce Industries / US Division of Pearce Industries?

confused smiley
February 12, 2016 10:24PM
Were going to use the mpcnc design, we found an improved models for the centre and Z motor mount, we are hoping that these will allow us to increase print speed, our US division, Pearce Industries USA, is interested in laser engraving as well as Cnc work. They will probably recieve that tech first while ours is focused on 3D printing.

Our US side will be receiving a M3D Micro to start making parts and other stuff for customers until our large printers are ready.
February 13, 2016 10:41PM
Wow
start spec size build space of 600mmW x 900mmL x 600mmH.
to
M3D micro print space 74mm: 91mm x 84mm

Will the M3D be able to print parts for whopper MPCNC?

confused smiley
February 14, 2016 12:14AM
We believe it can or at least most of them, the Canadian side has a Printrbot simple metal w heated bed so between the 2 machines we are confident we can make the parts needed for the jumbo machines.

We have also decided that we will be selling our version of the MPCNC, with the same production capacity, heated bed, and set up for 3D printing with the auto leveling bed probe. For $2000 USD plus shipping, we will sell a version that includes a laser engraver and CNC head for $3000 USD plus shipping.

In the interim we expect to have our machines up with in the next 2 months, we are currently restructuring the company and dealing with some issues from the US companies.
February 14, 2016 02:30PM
How can you price something you haven't even built one of yet? You seem to miss alot of the finer points of 3d printing, but you seem to already mark it as a success.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2016 02:38PM by Dirty Steve.
February 14, 2016 04:23PM
Well, the MPCNC, sells for about $450 plus you have to add your own frame, now with out a heated bed this is easily within our budget, I get a deal on Aluminium so the heated bed part is $250 a machine for Aluminium and another $200 for the heater. We're going to print out our own plastic parts because ours requires the stiffer options and the probe. So explain to me again how I am missing the finer points. When the built machine comes from us it will have everything including all the metal bits. I know the prices and I've seen what can be done. Just watch it happen.
February 14, 2016 06:55PM

February 14, 2016 08:19PM
Are they offering that forsale?
February 14, 2016 09:20PM
How will your MPCNC 3D printer execute the Z axis.
The MPCNC moves spindle (router) up down perhaps 60 - 125 mm.

Will that be the max height of a print?

confused smiley
February 14, 2016 10:18PM
Nice to use headline features, but without actually considering them seriously, i suspect both the US and Canadian divisions are going to go belly up real quick, and with the foresight shown in this thread you will find it hard to find the real investment you need for such a company to exist and grow.

A 3D printer, a CNC mill, and a Laser engraver are three different functions that require completely different motion dynamics and you will simply not include them all in the same machine, at least not one worthwhile. That is why you dont see it. I assume youll be using belts, so this will make for poor machining capabilities. Using leadscrews, well, this will push your price up significantly. Lasers....I dont see any mention of suitable panelling to keep the laser light withing the confines of the machine.

If your going to sell something that uses lasers, it will need to meet all required legislation, and will need to be homologated. Have you homologated a product before, are you aware of the requisite stringent legislation and requirements set out under that legislation for laser based machines? You will also require a company liability insurance.
February 14, 2016 11:01PM
The max print height will be 600mm from the bed.

The main focus on the machine is 3D printing. We were discussing it today and have decided the machine will ship in a basic dual head set up with a bed probe.

As for the laser, it's a laser engraver just like the unit that was posted in the YouTube video of a MPCNC, and as for the CNC part, we're going to be discussing if we want to use the dewalt system or something. These will all be hammered out as we get closer to build date.
February 14, 2016 11:05PM
Mutley3D
A 3D printer, a CNC mill, and a Laser engraver are three different functions that require completely different motion dynamics and you will simply not include them all in the same machine, at least not one worthwhile. That is why you dont see it..

They had someone on All American Makers (Season 2 Episode 7). It didn't do too well. While it did okay with each function, it didn't excel in any one. That is going to be the problem with any all-in-one device for the exact reasons you mentioned. They each require different motion dynamics. To do all three, you have to compromise on each.
February 15, 2016 09:42AM
Limited z-axis due to gantry, (from your CNC router table reference earlier) not going to get any kinda of speed with a nema 17 on that large of a printer, doubt that a Printrbot board is going to handle a nema 23 or higher, you are not going to run CNC or laser gcode through a firmware based controller.

MPCNC - $450
aluminum bed - $250
heater - $200
And $$$ for ALL the pieces and parts, dual extruders, bearings, belts, screws, wiring, cable management?

This is in your $600 machine budget how?

highly doubt the quality of a belt drive CNC

Sounds Japica'd to me. I'm watching, not gonna hold my breath.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 09:49AM by Dirty Steve.
February 15, 2016 10:27AM
I've been following this thread and it has certainly piqued my curiosity. It seems as though the final goal is kind of a moving target here. Ultimately, what do you expect your customers to be making on these machines? Are you targeting them towards any specific product or industry? Most of us are skeptical, but it seems that everyone is willing to help and I doubt that anyone is looking to steal your thunder. Can you provide some more detail about what exactly what you are trying to achieve with these machines? How soon do you expect to take them to market? As the owner of an MPCNC, I would have serious doubts about putting one in the hands of end-users and expecting happy customers, but I would love to see you make this work.
February 15, 2016 10:52AM
sorry i should have been more specific about that pricing issue
MPCNC hardware kit = $275
its plastic components = $195 (however we will be making our own in house so we do not need these.)
conduit is $5/10ft * 40 ft for good measure = $20
aluminium bed, $250
we will be selling it with the focus on 3D printing, and it will come from us with a dual head, $100 for the pair
plus the heater $250, the cost will go down on that once we order in bulk to build multiple machines.
this puts are cost to around $900 for it in this config.
note the probe is not included in price, that's why i rounded up.
yes this is over the $625 a machine and we will have to make up the difference.

the laser and CNC are just add ons, its not meant to do them as a primary function only as a secondary.
[www.vicious1.com]
^ this is the laser we planned to offer as an add on. or you can always buy it your self and add it. we will use a laser from the dtrlpf site.
now for CNC, we will probably add the dewalt add on one however the Dremel 4000 may also be the one we choose, or you can attach your own, the basic kit the primary above, set for dual 3D printing, with auto bed leveling because of the probe.
February 15, 2016 11:20AM
Linear rods and bearings (not gonna hang a router on 700mm of 8mm rod, conduit is a poor choice for rails), wiring, nuts and bolts, ect. Finer points..... free labor I guess.

Software to run CNC, laser, and 3d printing on a firmware based controller?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 11:43AM by Dirty Steve.
February 15, 2016 01:47PM
Assuming I understand theCreative Commons-Attribution-Non Commercial license on the MPCNC you have no right to sell the machine. I understand you plan to add some extra functionality but the underlying motion platform remains the same. Building a custom machine is not a problem but it appears selling them is.

Prusa i3 Rework - Ramps 1.4 - E3d Lite6 - Full Graphic LCD Controller
February 15, 2016 02:29PM
Now that proposes an interesting challenge.
February 15, 2016 06:28PM
Someone's been on the Saskatoon crazy juice
was wondering if the cold's got to you, social isolation? (it has me, so dont take this the wrong way just avin a larf)
but being a currier, I'm sure the spices must be keeping your blood from freezing.
don't mean to make your blood boil, just trying to keep you fired up,

Elwood, would you do it for free curry, all you can eat?

when somethings not right, the curious & attentive types can tell,
I thought at first maybe age, or a language barrier, but your request for a shopping list maker, was pretty clear
I'm was wondering what kind of stuff will you would be making with a printer that size, maybe plastic igloos?
or 3D printed Curry cartons?

It would have been nice to say my printer was made in the UK with Sheffield steel rails & Pilkington Float Glass,
Marconi electronics, but the times they are a changing...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2016 03:39AM by MechaBits.
February 15, 2016 09:46PM
Use the design for inspiration

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 11:39PM by Mutley3D.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login