Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warping Makerbot ABS not sticking to BFB Rapman Acrylic Build Platorm. Help?

Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox 
Warping Makerbot ABS not sticking to BFB Rapman Acrylic Build Platorm. Help?
September 28, 2010 09:49PM
I have finally finished my BFB Rapman 3.1. Well, that's mostly true. anything bigger then a layer or two just peels off the platform. I'm using 230 degrees C for the raft, as well as the build itself, extruding at 40mm a sec in both cases. I use the build-cooling fan, along with my 1 extruder, but it's warping like crazy, and just detaching. Any suggestions to boost stickiness of the Makerbot.com white ABS to the platform?

I've tried makerbot's kapton, both smooth and sanded, as well as sanding down the acrylic surface itself, and painter's tape. No luck with any of the above.
Re: Warping Makerbot ABS not sticking to BFB Rapman Acrylic Build Platorm. Help?
September 29, 2010 12:14AM
Reduce your first layer height, turn off the fan, switch to PLA, or try a heated bed.
Re: Warping Makerbot ABS not sticking to BFB Rapman Acrylic Build Platorm. Help?
September 29, 2010 01:15AM
240 deg C might help too, come to think of it.
September 29, 2010 02:13AM
I'd assume you mean change one of these at a time. (That's the way we fix things at work, one change at a time, else the two might cancel each other out).

Wade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reduce your first layer height, turn off the fan,
> switch to PLA, or try a heated bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 08:01AM by CraigRK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
September 29, 2010 06:21AM
I've been trying the layer height thing, THere's no way to fix it in the code...so every time I start a print, I manually push up on the build platform. I was told by the BFB tech guy to up the build temp to 260, raft as well as print. THat's actually the default setting for BFB's ABS plastic. Testing the temperature raise now...I'm actually using the default BFB ABS 'profile' which is a set bunch of extruder specs for how the machine runs with different plastics inside.
September 29, 2010 07:45AM
Coloured ABS is harder to make stick than natural, so generally needs higher temperatures.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login