Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question ????????

Posted by yar60 
Question ????????
January 21, 2016 11:38PM
I would like to know Where do I look to find out information on wiring my control boar... I want to do it right. "sainsmart mega2560 Ramp 1.4 control board" Thank you for any help.
Attachments:
open | download - 01.JPG (161.2 KB)
open | download - 20160120_165054_resized.jpg (538.8 KB)
Re: Question ????????
January 22, 2016 01:53AM
Wiring diagram

Lots more information here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2016 01:54AM by Dust.
January 22, 2016 10:56AM
Thank You this is a lot of help.
January 29, 2016 11:15AM
Dust I have a question: Looking at all of the information you sent me, The wiring of my Motors and the wiring on my motors is not the same, sending what I have and how I wired my plugs, Question is it right? I have looked at 50 videos, pictures and read that many more papers on the reprap mendel prusa i3 printer.
Attachments:
open | download - motor.jpg (71.1 KB)
open | download - 20160129_090023_resized.jpg (521.3 KB)
January 29, 2016 02:59PM
The motors have two pairs of wires identify the pairs using a voltmeter set to measure resistance. A pair have resistance and a non pair have no resistance. As long as each pair are connected to the board correctly ie one pair one side of the plug the other pair on the other side, the motor will work.

If it turns the wrong way in use, switch the plug around or change direction in the firmware (invert stepper dir).
January 29, 2016 05:01PM
thank you. again
Re: Firmware.
January 30, 2016 09:00PM
I would like to know if anyone out there has mastered the firmware for a RepRap prusa i3 Mendel 3d printer, and could send me a copy of it so I can get this "blinking" printer to work. it would sure be nice to really see if it do or doesn't work, I have a SainSmart Mega2560 + A4988 + RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer KIT For Arduino RepRap with a SainSmart Smart Controller RAMPS 1.4 LCD 12864 LED Turn On Control. I have spent a week trying to figure out how to get the Marlin firmware to work and I get nothing except errors and more of them, if i change one I get 10 more. thank you.
January 30, 2016 09:15PM
The firmware is very configurable... unless they have identical hardware to yourself, providing the firmware is not really an option...
You haven’t mentioned any of the important stuff.. Thermistor types, belt and pulley types etc..

Use pastebin.com and upload your configuration.h then paste a link here for us to advise whats going on to get it to compile
Also link in a copy of what the error message is

There is also a forum just for the firmware [forums.reprap.org]
January 31, 2016 12:42AM
thank you Ill try again.
January 31, 2016 12:45PM
You should be able to get a clean compile with the code as-is from github. Are you getting errors with a clean code base? If so, something is probably not right with your arduino build environment.
January 31, 2016 01:15PM
Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Users\Yar\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib\U8glib.h\U8glib.h.ino:1:20: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory
this is what I'm trying to figure out now, how do i load my library? it's at the bottom of the list.

#include

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling.
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\u8glib-master: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\u8glib-master
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\u8glib-master: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\u8glib-master

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
January 31, 2016 04:32PM
okay took care of the first one now I get this, no matter what I do I'm going to get some type of error......

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:26:0,

from sketch\thermistortables.h:4,

from sketch\Configuration.h:858,

from C:\Users\Yar\Downloads\Marlin-1.1.0-RC3\Marlin-1.1.0-RC3\Marlin\Marlin.ino:33:

Configuration.h:1: error: unterminated #ifndef

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H

^

In file included from C:\Users\Yar\Downloads\Marlin-1.1.0-RC3\Marlin-1.1.0-RC3\Marlin\Marlin.ino:33:0:

Configuration.h:1: error: unterminated #ifndef

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H

^

exit status 1
unterminated #ifndef

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
January 31, 2016 04:44PM
Every "#ifdef" or "#ifndef" needs a corresponding "#endif" Somewhere in your configuration.h file you must have deleted or commented a line with a "#endif"

I'd start with a clean Configuration.h, make sure it compiles cleanly, then attempt changes one at a time and make sure it compiles.

Edit:

Install a diff utility too. That's a quick way to do a side-by-side comparison to show differences between two source files.

Try windiff: [www.grigsoft.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2016 04:48PM by hoxsiew.
February 01, 2016 11:02PM
Dust, Would you happen to know which board I would check for my LCD with and SD card?
I have the SainSmart Smart Controller RAMPS 1.4 LCD 12864 LED Turn On Control.
I have my little LCD with a SD working for now.

// PanelOne from T3P3 (via RAMPS 1.4 AUX2/AUX3)
// [reprap.org]
//#define PANEL_ONE

// The MaKr3d Makr-Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// [reprap.org]
//#define MAKRPANEL

// The Panucatt Devices Viki 2.0 and mini Viki with Graphic LCD
// [panucatt.com]
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: [code.google.com]
//#define VIKI2
//#define miniVIKI

// This is a new controller currently under development. [github.com]
//
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: [code.google.com]
//#define ELB_FULL_GRAPHIC_CONTROLLER
//#define SD_DETECT_INVERTED

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (white PCcool smiley
// [reprap.org]
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

// The GADGETS3D G3D LCD/SD Controller (blue PCcool smiley
// [reprap.org]
//#define G3D_PANEL

//the RepRapDiscount FULL GRAPHIC Smart Controller (quadratic white PCcool smiley
// [reprap.org]
//
//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

// The RepRapWorld REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD v1.1
// [reprapworld.com]
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD_MOVE_STEP 10.0 // how much should be moved when a key is pressed, eg 10.0 means 10mm per click

// The Elefu RA Board Control Panel
// [www.elefu.com]
// REMEMBER TO INSTALL LiquidCrystal_I2C.h in your ARDUINO library folder: [github.com]
//#define RA_CONTROL_PANEL

// The MakerLab Mini Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// [reprap.org]
//#define MINIPANEL
February 01, 2016 11:15PM
Looks like a RRD full graphics clone

so
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

NB REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: code.google.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 11:16PM by Dust.
February 02, 2016 10:45AM
thank you.
February 02, 2016 03:22PM
On the ramps 1.4,SainSmart Mega2560 + A4988 + RAMPS 1.4 3D Arduino RepRap
On arduino program which setting do you use?
not sure but this may be one of my problems.

Programmer: ???????

AVR ISP
AVRISP mkll
USBtinyISP
Arduino isp
usbasp
par programmer
arduinoasisp
arduino gramma
athel stk500**
bus pirate isp
February 02, 2016 04:04PM
You don't use a programmer, unless your attempting to install a new boot loader or modify the chip fuses settings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 04:09PM by Dust.
motors
February 06, 2016 12:22PM
Dust:

I"ve got the X, E and Y motors running fine still having a problem with the Z motors in that they will not run when hooked together one at a time okay both forget it, I read a article "Motors don't move RAMPs 1.4 + Arduino Mega 2560 + Sprinter Kliment + Pronterface" on WIKI and it said something about running the motors in Z motors in series, if not what else could be doing it? or something else I can try.

Thank You.

pikelo [ PM ]
Re: Motors don't move RAMPs 1.4 + Arduino Mega 2560 + Sprinter Kliment + Pronterface
December 07, 2011 10:32AM

[forums.reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - Ramp's series Z motors.jpg (41.8 KB)
Re: motors
February 08, 2016 12:09AM
got motors running okay except Z has no reverse only clock wise rotation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login