Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comminicating with your i3 printer?

Posted by DaGameFace 
Comminicating with your i3 printer?
January 23, 2016 04:22PM
So, I've been watching Thomas Sanladerer's 3d printing videos and reading about calibrating/ fine tuning your 3d printer. But while [reprap.org] and other places give specific lines of code to send to your printer and say to look for its response, I cant seem to find how to actually interface with the printer. In one of Thomas Sanladerer's he shows himself using OctoPi but when I try to download it, Firefox fails at 13% and when i download it with edge windows says the ISO is corrupt, even when i re-downloaded it.

I have a feeling the answer I'm looking for is very obvious, but any help you can offer will be extremely appreciated.
Re: Comminicating with your i3 printer?
January 23, 2016 05:27PM
What software are you using? In Repitier host on the manual control tab above the axis controls is a text box labeled g code. Type your commands in and hit enter
January 23, 2016 05:32PM
That was the problem, I didn't know what software to use, it didn't seem to be mentioned in anything i was reading, maybe i was just missing it.

Thanks a bunch!
January 24, 2016 04:58AM
I have repetier host for one printer but prefer pronterface (I just can't run it twice on one pc) it's clear and easy to read and everything is on one screen. I think it reports back info from the printer in an easier to read format too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 04:58AM by DjDemonD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login