Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti Sieze on hot end threads

Posted by BCM45 
Anti Sieze on hot end threads
January 23, 2016 09:16PM
Is it a good idea to apply an anti sieze compound to the nozzle threads on the hot end?
Re: Anti Sieze on hot end threads
January 23, 2016 11:52PM
depends on the hotend

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

January 24, 2016 04:54AM
I'd say it depends on the compound, if it will improve thermal conductivity like maybe copper grease then yes it might make sense though I haven't tried it myself. I do put heatsink thermal transfer grease between the heatsink and the throat.

It's important not to put anything which will improve conductivity between the throat and the heater block as you want to prevent heat leaving the heater block except via the extruded filament.

Getting a nozzle off is usually easy with the hot end heated but be careful it'll heat up the spanner you are using to hold the heat lock steady whilst you unscrew it (and the spanner to get the nozzle off too). Curiously the only heater block I have which has seriously gunky threads is my genuine e3d v5, but I run an m6 tap through it when rebuilding which cleans the threads nicely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 04:56AM by DjDemonD.
January 24, 2016 09:18PM
Well, J-Heads don't need anti sieze compounds. smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login