Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Short story long...... Getting into 3Dprinting

Posted by Gaou 
Short story long...... Getting into 3Dprinting
February 06, 2016 03:28AM
Guys i needed to write this post, as after some months i own my first cnc i would like to share my experiance, share my hapiness, thank the community and some more people, and also apologize to some other.

The long story shorting starts back on 2001 where i started my carrier as an interior designer. from kid i liked a lot the mechanical stuff and was and still i am getting experienced from robotics, and how can i say i was a tech freak without the right education so all these ( cnc and robotics) looked like a supernatural to me . I had my beautiful work as a designer and in every one work in a way i was using cncs for some furniture. At that time the people that could have done these things ( mostly wood in my case ) to you in athens were few. In athens there was something like 1 or 2 cncs for wood on 2002 and the one that i have worked with could only work x and y axis. the z play was like 10mm or less.

At that time i saw a future for greece and especially athens in cnc and my work. On 2009 where the things for me and ( for most greek that was dealing with the construction ) was still ok i decided to take that root . I knew it would take time and i could see that the economy could be collapsed in a while.

To get this even sorter and come to the point on 2011 i realized that there wasn't for me or for my country the economy to support this kind of things ( i had already payed some plans of a 5axis beautiful wood - aluminum working cnc). And a cnc that cuts and draws wood you know how it costs. So i then spotted the reprap projects and felt in love.

From 2011 i got myself in 2014 where found me in a bad mood and deep depression (as the most greeks), as there was no jobs and no future for anyone of us ( i dont wanna go into the greek problem but we think that there was an attack to our economy). The problem in my case was not just feeding my wonderfull familly but dealing with the things you wanna do in ur life.

My wife come back on late 2014 saying me that it was a small amount of money to spend if it would be good for my depression . then i start to digging the reprap project knowing that it was the only cnc i could find at that moment.

Looking around i realised that my education which has nothing to do with electronics programming and etc. wouldn't allow me to spend time learning in my age all this staff, so i had to bought a turn key solution. And then i got myself again on the page in the page of RePrapPro.

I bought the mendel, after a while build it and dealing with almost nothing ( except the part that is reflects the x homing that was broked and somewhere lost so i could figure how the hack it would home on x ) i was able to print. And although i didn't have the money to buy filament ( i had only the gift and 500gr that i bought ) the pill was working and i found again the position in my nano-universe...!

I was a big a*****le plenty of times dealing with the RPP family and of course it wasn't their mistake but my problem (being an a****le after all it is always ur and not anyone's problem).

At that time i knew i choosed the best option to get me fast into the word of cnc. And now i know for sure. It wasn't me that brought me here as the only thing i ve done was a decision of a dealer.

The blame is all on RPP. This wonderfull family that this huge human created. The idea the, logistic ( i couldnt imagine how many printers they were shipping through a day) , the support just everyone i dealed with.

So my sincerely apology for being who i was ,( after all i know that i am part of the problems that got RPP here today), a million THANKS for you being who u were and a true wish for this Company to got back in every way in the family of printing for give to other people what it gave me .

Thanks RPP

Last but not least being among this community i realise all the time how many huge people ( not only by the skills but also for their giveness) exists in this world. After all there are alliens in this planet.

So i own i thank to the Reprap project and community also.

Be well Guys and Girls.

my apologies for murdering the english language also.
i would also like to hear ur stories about 3d involving.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login