Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto-level for Makerfarm Pegasus

Posted by fatesalign 
Auto-level for Makerfarm Pegasus
February 07, 2016 04:41PM
I'm thinking about getting a MakerFarm Pegasus, but I hear the induction auto bed leveling probes aren't good. I was wondering what is and if there's a method for the Pegasus yet. I found this, but it's for the MakerFarm i3: [www.thingiverse.com]
Re: Auto-level for Makerfarm Pegasus
February 08, 2016 11:23AM
One problem with the induction probe is when you are using a glass bed. Aluminum foil isn't thick enough and the glass is usually too thick for the probe to work. Most use and print directly on an aluminum bed, for example: 1/4" MIC-6 aluminum plate.
February 08, 2016 12:28PM
I was thinking about getting an aluminum bed. If I did that, would it be very accurate or is there a more accurate method?
February 08, 2016 01:31PM
It's been accurate for me. I'm currently printing on 1/8" 6061. I have a piece of 1/4" MIC-6 on order to replace it, mostly to increase the flatness and the printing area.
February 09, 2016 10:40PM
Hey there, I own a MakerFarm 10" Pegasus and I really would like to get Auto Bed Leveling working on it. I own a Micro Servo and I'll repurpose the Micro switch for the Z axis.

I watched other how to videos on youtube to get the code down, but the only thing holding me back is a mount for the Servo and Switch. Where can I get the files needed to print to make this a reality?

Thanks for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login