Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d printer for low temperature environment????

Posted by muhammad zubair 
3d printer for low temperature environment????
February 27, 2016 02:16PM
i would like to ask what is the best 3d printer for extremely low temperature enviroment approx (-40 c)...in which no damage will be going to happen to their components eg nuts, bolts ,rods, belts etc..can anyone guide me???we are working on a project in which we will have to deal in this situation....
Re: 3d printer for low temperature environment????
February 27, 2016 10:42PM
You are probably going to need a pretty thick enclosure... I think your best bet would be to run a thermal analysis and vary the material material thicknesses to see how feasible it is. I would take a look at mountaineering jackets for inspiration. Or just A LOT of foam insulation...

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 28, 2016 04:10AM
That is outside the operating temps of almost all of the components on a 3d printer: linear guides, belts, etc etc. You'll absolutely need to get the entire printer warmer than that.
VDX
February 28, 2016 06:22AM
... and not only while operating, but for storage too -- or you'll have a good chance, that some of the plastic parts breaks for internal stress, as they behave like glass when cooled below -10 degC ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 28, 2016 10:10PM
What kind of environment is that for? Space? Antarctica?
February 28, 2016 10:58PM
to warm for space... (unprotected in space anyway)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login