Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smileys with beerGeneration 6 Electronics - chat and support threadsmileys with beer

Posted by Hirohiron 
Re: smileys with beerGeneration 6 Electronics - chat and support threadsmileys with beer
November 21, 2010 02:54PM
Have you contacted Camiel himself yet? He seems pretty transparent, I am sure he would just tell you.

Also he is in IRC on a regular basis, just ping him there.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Re: smileys with beerGeneration 6 Electronics - chat and support threadsmileys with beer
November 21, 2010 04:13PM
I send a lot of email to Camiel but i never had any answer, that's why i try to see wich order is send now.

I have the order number 470 (i order the 30th of October)and it still processing. Comrader have the 429 and it still processing, so somebody have recieved an order from Mendel-parts.com? Or somebody have received a track n trace email from Mende-parts?

I want to know if he send the order 370 or 418, you see?!

Thanks.
November 21, 2010 05:13PM
Emmanuel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> -And surely the more important : when printing the
> extruder's motor turn in the wrong way (pulling
> back the filament)...
> When playing in Repsnapper to check everything, I
> just set "reverse" to extrude some filament over
> the purge plate, but unfortunately that don't work
> during a normal print.
>
> So I tried to tweak the firmware but don't know
> what to change (it seems simple to inverse
> something)
> Or you think I should redo the molex-connection ?
> (although it's wired as the other motors)
>
> Thanks smiling smiley

You likely already figured this out, but if you reverse the connector on the extruder motor, it will turn the other way.

Al...

[araspitfire.blogspot.com]
November 21, 2010 06:07PM
With all the work they had maybe it depends of the complexity of the order (I received my #487 recently but it was just some crimps and cables)
November 22, 2010 09:30PM
I guess order number 564 is going to take some time.

Pity the blog doesn't give regular updates so we know how long the wait will be.
November 23, 2010 12:04PM
or a "now serving order number X" like at a deli.

I'm order 520-something, and still pending. I made my order on the 11th, i think.

as i said before, i had to wait a while for the gen 6, but now that i have it i think it's worth the wait. this new order is for the hot end they're selling.
November 23, 2010 01:29PM
My order #497 (5th Nov.) pending too.
Has anyone successfully received Gen6 electronics in any order they placed after 19th October?

Thanks
November 26, 2010 04:54PM
Order 550 still pending...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 02:47AM by An Original Name.
November 27, 2010 10:58AM
(For the problem of motor I had, I indeed just reversed the molex connector and its ok now smiling smiley )

For the orders delay, Camiel had updated the main page of mendel-parts some days ago (as you probably seen)
November 30, 2010 05:33AM
Emmanuel Wrote:
> For the orders delay, Camiel had updated the main
> page of mendel-parts some days ago (as you
> probably seen)

But that was 7 days ago. Still no indication of the precise delays to orders. With a backlog of "41" complete kits (not that that is what I ordered) it can only be assumed to be huge. If so then FFS stop taking new orders and deal with customers who paid for bits weeks ago!

Emails (to both addresses quoted) and messages sent through the website regarding order progress continue to go unanswered.

I'll leave it another week and then I'll probably cancel via paypal as I'll have probably sourced everything from elsewhere, as at the rate I'm currently acquiring parts to continue my build I'll have enough for a second mendel by the time the bits I ordered from mendel-parts.com arrive.

Truly shocking customer service. I HAD expected MUCH better.
November 30, 2010 08:01PM
I'm in the same position. Ordered mine on Oct. 29th, got my processing confirmation on Nov. 1st, and haven't heard a thing since. I am order number 465. I ordered a full kit with everything but the plastics, because I have access to a Dimension 1200es and an Objet Eden. I was going to use this for a class project, but since I doubt I'll get the parts by next week, I've been kind of screwed over. Luckily, my professor is cool, so now we're going to just make a non-working 1:1 model. So, we're buying all the cheapest hardware so we can put something together, and we're just going to let him keep it for his future classes. But even the cheapest galvy and plain steel hardware is still fairly expensive, and I would have preferred not to buy things twice.

Had I known that it was going to take over a month to process my order, I probably would have ordered from someone else and just made due with the gen 3 electronics. I really didn't expect it to take this long, because all the parts are listed in stock, and since I'm not getting any printed parts, it really should just be a matter of putting everything in a box and sending it out. I've also had all of my emails go unanswered, which is kind of distressing. If I didn't know someone who already received a gen 6 board from them, I would have cancelled my order by now.

Personally, I think he should stop taking orders until he's caught up, because if he's too busy to answer emails (especially ones saying that the shipping address does not appear correct), then he's probably going to do more damage to his business and reputation than the additional sales are worth. He should at the very least switch to a pre-order type system, where you don't have to pay the full price of the kit until it is ready to ship, that way you won't have people paying hundreds of dollars and not getting responses for over a month. PayPal has a 45 day limit after a purchase to file a claim to get your money back, so taking that long to ship the parts is going to be a deal-breaker to a lot of people. Most people want some kind of assurance that they can get their money back if they don't receive exactly what they ordered, especially when spending that kind of money.
December 01, 2010 03:35AM
Yes i'm agree with you, i think his going to kill his business and reputation to take orders and orders without to be able to send them.
I know when i order that he is busy. But one month to ship with all in stock (when i order) it's a bit too long. He need to stop to take new order, redo the stock and go on track again.
I paid 490 euros for my order one month ago, i very worried about because the delay for a complaint on Paypal will be over soon.
I don't speak about the mail unanswer, it's just... grrrrrrrrr angry smiley

Order 470 still Processing since the 1st of November.

I don't know if Camiel is still coming sometimes on this forum but i think he should.

it will be good to open a dedicated post to follow mendel-parts.com
December 01, 2010 09:02AM
I would be worried & upset too for waiting so long. But I know he's working his a$$ off to get things on track. Did you see his last posting on his website? You can cancel your order and get your money refunded, no problems.

He's in a booming business and a bit overwhelmed by the succes, but he'll get things sorted out, I'm sure!!

regards,
Tom

regards,
Tom
December 01, 2010 02:06PM
well i havent read this topic in a while...

but im gonna check out on you guys orders this evening. what is going on.

But one thing i wanted to tell quickly (im in rush now, as usual), if we could close our webshop temporarily easily, I would already have done it..

but its not that simple, and i dont want to disable whole site. other idea I had is dont let new customers register etc..
or making a forum or making a sms service.. or some messenger/skype type service.
soon we will have some solution to make more transparent what is going on. but for now that cost extra time to which i rather spend on production/shipping.

if you have emailed me on my hotmail ([email protected]) and didnt got a reply, please resend and i should reply within 24hours now..
i have catched up on alot of emails, but still not all.. i just get hundreds p/day.. sometimes p/hour... you cant imagine how crazy things are here.

Also we are again upscaling our production.. next week we will have huge stock again of everything....
and mainly, Im very sorry for all the delay... we hope to have few day shipping in a few weeks.

but just one thing im reminding me now.. my first order in a reprap shop took 3 months!
although mentioned in stock. and that was for crappy gen3 remix electronics....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 09:02PM by camiel.
December 01, 2010 03:02PM
Hy Camiel,

Nice to see you on this topic. We all know you do your best to satisfy your customer. I sure you right with a hunder mail per hour (new customer, order change and old customer worried about the order).

We don't know what we can do with a commercial website but just some update to know where you are in the order or what's going, i think it's VERY important, to do a lot of communication could improve the trust of all customers and see that is moving all the time in your factory.
Now we know you are still alive!

I don't resend you an email, just focus on shipping and i will be very happy when i received my track number!

Good luck.
Hi Camiel,

Nice to see you replying in this topic! smiling smiley

While you are checking, do you mind checking order #589? I am so close to finishing my Reprap tongue sticking out smiley
December 02, 2010 05:40PM
camiel Wrote:
>i dont want to
> disable whole site. other idea I had is dont let
> new customers register etc..
> or making a forum or making a sms service.. or
> some messenger/skype type service.
> soon we will have some solution to make more
> transparent what is going on. but for now that
> cost extra time to which i rather spend on
> production/shipping.

It doesn't need technology or a complicated solution

On the homepage have four columns updated at say 5pm each day

Date | Last order number received | Latest Order number Shipped | Total number of Orders Shipped That Day

so a typical entry for a few days might be

01/12/2010 | 145 | 110 | 10
02/12/2010 | 152 | 115 | 5
03/12/2010 | 160 | 140 | 25
04/12/2010 | 170 | 155 | 15
05/12/2010 | 185 | 155 | 0 (you had a day off)

etc

Next to zero effort and it communicates the exact position to all customers

Transparency is ESSENTIAL letting the order queue grow whilst failing to ship will only cause grief in the long run.
December 02, 2010 11:33PM
My order 470 was shipp yesterday night.

I really like your idea M100!
December 10, 2010 11:38AM
I've been super busy building my Mendel, but I came to tell everyone not to worry. Camiel is pretty nice and responds quickly if you can get a hold of him on IRC. I got my parts on Monday at 10:00 am and had a working Mendel on Wednesday night. Took over a month to get my parts, but I'm glad I have it now. The gen6 electronics are really great, I'd say almost worth the wait if you are as bad at soldering and electronics as I am. I do like the idea of not allowing new customers to register, or putting daily updates on the page. Just something to let everyone know that he is super busy and roughly how long they have to wait. Having to wait more than a week for communication is kind of unsettling when you are spending a large amount of money.

As for the messaging solution, I would suggest using Digsby and creating an account for all the major IM services. You can combine Google, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, AIM, and a few other IM accounts all in one place, so people can contact you directly without needing you to be on IRC. I've dealt with a juggling ball vendor who posts his instant messaging account on his web shop and it works out great. He can answer quick questions immediately, saving a lot of back and forth email correspondence, which is pretty handy when dealing with custom made products and getting an estimate on delivery time (he's usually super busy leading up to the holidays). I switched over to Digsby when I was sick of all the video ads on AIM, and haven't had any problems.
December 11, 2010 03:39AM
I've been waiting at least 2 weeks for a reply to emails (sent both via the contact us page and via hotmail) I still haven't received one but then I thought I had made progress when I got an assurance on IRC on Monday. Five days on and my order is still shown on the website as processing despite it apparently being ready to send. I've also not received any refund for parts I requested to be deleted from my order. It might turn up today, or in another week, or next year. It's a waiting game and non existent, or really bad customer communication, or broken promises hardly inspire confidence.

The last general update on the website was six days ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 03:40AM by m100.
Re: Has anyone ordered from Mendel-parts.com??
December 11, 2010 03:31PM
I don't recommend you mendel-parts. I made my order more than one month ago and paid, and still have no idea withy my order. Now I'm trying they refound my money, more than 1000 €.

They are not serious, I think that when they recieve the money, they forget order.
December 11, 2010 07:23PM
They are very busy to say the least. I received an e-mail on the second (Dec. 2, 2010) stating this about my order (# 550):

Dear customer,
We are sorry for the very long delay, but your order has been received
and can ship probably tomorrow.

But I NEVER received a shipping confirmation. That was nine days ago, yet they said it would be ready to ship on the third. Checking on mendel-parts website, it says "Processing (postmail)." Does this mean that it has been shipped or has been processing for dispatch for nine days?

I'm in the IRC at the moment hoping to see Camiel but I haven't seen him and I'm getting a little frustrated because it's coming up on a month, the last chance for me to cancel my order.
Re: Has anyone ordered from Mendel-parts.com??
December 12, 2010 04:28AM
You are not right. The confirmation was the first of november (more than one month). and you have not able to answer any mail from me (after confirmation of course). If you answer I've never wrote any message.

This is the message I got in my mail:

Order Number: 467
Detailed Invoice: [www.mendel-parts.com]
Date Ordered: Saturday 30 October, 2010

The comments for your order are

Dear customer,

Sorry for the delay, but your order has been received.

We will put this order on "waiting for the plastics", untill the plastic parts have been printed.
You will be notified when we start the printing.

Once dispatched you will receive an email with track n trace info and url.

Thank you for your order,

Camiel Gubbels

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Waiting for plastics

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

And this is a capture of your web (more than one month waiting for plastics):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 05:07AM by Carlos.
December 16, 2010 05:01PM
for those of you who have missed it, there's a mendel-parts forum up since a couple of days: mendel parts forum.

Camiel responds there daily, so I think it's best you put your questions there.

regards,
Tom
December 17, 2010 07:40PM
An Original Name Wrote:
> They are very busy to say the least. I received an
> e-mail on the second (Dec. 2, 2010) stating this
> about my order (# 550):
> Dear customer,
> We are sorry for the very long delay, but your
> order has been received
> and can ship probably tomorrow.
>
> But I NEVER received a shipping confirmation. That
> was nine days ago, yet they said it would be ready
> to ship on the third. Checking on mendel-parts
> website, it says "Processing (postmail)." Does
> this mean that it has been shipped or has been
> processing for dispatch for nine days?
>
> I'm in the IRC at the moment hoping to see Camiel
> but I haven't seen him and I'm getting a little
> frustrated because it's coming up on a month, the
> last chance for me to cancel my order.

I just want to give everyone here an update. After I registered on mendel-parts' forums, and posted there, Camiel was very quick to respond and very understanding. Just don't use mendel-parts' contact feature, use the forums instead, or if he's in IRC, contact him there!
i've seen this before. He wants the discussions moved to his private forum where he can delete negative posts.

It is no harder for him to reply here than there.

Very shady to use public community to get our money then go hide where he is the moderator.
gotgot
i've seen this before. He wants the discussions moved to his private forum where he can delete negative posts.

It is no harder for him to reply here than there.

Very shady to use public community to get our money then go hide where he is the moderator.

Not really fair I think. There are a few negative posts, which are not removed. Also, what would be the point in removing the negative posts, while his website already says the order handling is out of hand?
December 21, 2010 10:33PM
Sorry gotgot, but you have got it completely wrong..

He want's discussion moved to his private forum where he can highlight ongoing frequent customer questions.. so that he isn't using up his valuble time answering the same 10 questions over and over...

Al...

[araspitfire.blogspot.com]
December 23, 2010 10:05AM
Hi

I am consider buying my Mendel in www.mendel-parts.com (Camiel) think is a good idea?
Or you know another supplier better?
What is the the average waiting time for the orders of www.mendel-parts.com? And the another suppliers?

Thanks

Humberto Barroso, PT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login