Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smileys with beerGeneration 6 Electronics - chat and support threadsmileys with beer

Posted by Hirohiron 
Re: smileys with beerGeneration 6 Electronics - chat and support threadsmileys with beer
December 23, 2010 02:07PM
Humberto,

If I were you I would wait before placing an order with mendel-parts.com, this would give them time to catch up with their orders and you can monitor their customer's feedback to see how well they're doing. They have good good electronics and I had a good experience dealing with them in the past. They are just going the growing pains of a start up. If you are looking for a full mendel (ABS) then mendel-parts is one of the few options. Other suppliers also have Laser based mendels (botmil.com) etc. the feedback of their customers has also been mixed based on what I read. Building a prusa mendel is simpler will cost you less.

You can also but the parts from various suppliers and assemble them yourself:
mendel parts: ebay or eMakershop.com (look for listings from nophead)
hardware: can be locally procured
electronics: either mendel-parts or ultimachine.com (RAMPS package), mendel-parts.com has what seems more compact.
stepper motors: alltronics.com or ebay
a key components is the hot end, a number of suppiers as per the wiki on reprap.org

New suppliers are coming on board on a regular basis, check their records before you buy and deal with only reputable suppliers.

Regards
Tayeb
Re: smileys with beerGeneration 6 Electronics - chat and support threadsmileys with beer
December 23, 2010 02:57PM
Hi Tayeb

The Mendel-Parts is a trusted supplier?

Humberto
December 23, 2010 06:24PM
yes, just overworked from what I read.

anyway, I think he should be more clear on the options for the full mendel kit. does it come with the power supply and endstops and motors if you don't get the electronics?

also, there should be more options: getting it without thick sheet, without hardware, etc.
December 24, 2010 06:13AM
Hi

I send a email to The Mendel-Parts and im go wait for a response, if it takes too long to respond, I have to find another supplier.

Regards

Humberto
December 25, 2010 09:23AM
Got my shipping Confirmation yesterday, order was from Nov 30. Waiting of course was a pain, but I think it is only fair to say, that 30days for electronics +steppers +all cables finished with connectors + some printed parts (that took the longest) are OK from my point of view. From my own job i know that there comes a point where you are so overworked, that simople things dont get finished any more within the time you would think they take. I will definitely order there again, however i will plan more time for the delivery to arrive.
December 28, 2010 06:48PM
Package arrived today, all in good shape. Nothing to complain about.
Two things that i do not really like, and that i could have found out before if i had read the description more thoroughly: Gen6 requires you to run repsnapper, and the software packages provided by mendel-parts are only for M*******t W*****s (at least those I could find). Took me quite some time to get it together under OpenSuSE. Will post about it in the wiki soon.
Printed parts where unreamed/uncleaned, but that is no big issue.
December 30, 2010 11:15PM
you don't have to use repsnapper, that's just what they provide. you can use any software you want.
December 31, 2010 07:56PM
from what i found in the forums it runs only with repsnapper, a user in the following thread for instance claimed it an camile did not reply otherwise
[www.mendel-parts.com]
However I would really like to be wrong about it.
I have it running now with my laptop (Opensuse 11.3) and a dedicated system i found in my cellar, a via C3 now running ubuntu 10.04.
Next step will be to add heatsinks for the drivers, as i use NEMA23 Steppers on my repstrap and the board gets quite warm
January 11, 2011 07:27AM
Just finished building my Mendel yesterday with Generation 6 electronics and all parts sourced from Mendel Parts.

After connecting to my pc running Windows XP SP3, it found new hardware and installed it, I was unable to control it via RepRap Source. I will try Repsnapper tonight, was worrying that I may have a faulty board.

Thanks for advice
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login