Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

trying to get software in

Posted by mikejr0046 
trying to get software in
October 21, 2010 05:56PM
Followed all direction still get a dos like message that java is not a valid command
Re: trying to get software in
October 21, 2010 08:07PM
Getting a similar message message, I am current running windows 7, and I think the issue goes to one of two things. The first thing is I am only running windows 7 premium and it does not allow some 32 bit programs to run properly, I have to upgrade spending 125 to 175 for a better version.
The other issue is that most of the people that developed the reprap software I believe are probably linux programmers and not really windows programmers, they can do it probably just missing some key bits or instructions in batch file is my guess. But for me, this may not really be an issue, I have another computer that I need to fix and install a new operating system on and I always wanted to use linux. My reprap build is also going to be more than a year from now so just checking things out right now to see what issues exist.
October 21, 2010 08:14PM
Do you have java installed on the system? If not, get it. If so, post the exact error message you get.
October 21, 2010 08:15PM
Might be Replicator G from makerbot works better check it out.
October 21, 2010 08:18PM
Yep Replictor G works fine, so did Aduino, and the rest of the software here, just having problems with reprap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login