Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Make Magazine Weekend project is RepRap

Posted by brucew 
Make Magazine Weekend project is RepRap
November 23, 2007 10:52AM
This weeks Make magazine weekend project is on building the McWire Reprap bot's Electronics. That Zack, and Bre Pettis have been working on...

[www.makezine.com]

Wow this is a big boost and should bring in a lot more people!!

take a look
Bruce Wattendorf
Great job on the podcast! Congratulations to Zach and everyone else involved, and I hope to see the remaining podcasts soon. I hope the store is ready for the increased traffic. Here's to Black Friday!
PS- Zach, I expected you to be greener than that.
Re: Make Magazine Weekend project is RepRap
November 24, 2007 10:18AM
thanks guys! the store can certainly handle the orders and traffic, but whether i'm capable or not is another question winking smiley

i'm not sure what you mean about green, but thanks?
November 24, 2007 10:26AM
Zach, your forum avatar winking smiley
November 24, 2007 10:41AM
Zach, so watching this it seems to be entirely based on the next-gen Arduino electronics. Do you consider these boards ready?
November 27, 2007 04:15PM
yes, i consider them ready. i've seen that all the electronics function properly. i've written simple exerciser code for each board and they do their jobs well.

the only thing that is missing is the arduino firmware that emulates the current boards. its 95% complete. its all in subversion if anyone wants to play with it. some guys from metalab in germany have helped a bunch getting it ready, and its nearly finished.

i have my RepStrap machine up and running and as soon as i slog through the MAKE orders, i plan on trying out the new firmwares and hopefully printing something!!!
November 27, 2007 11:05PM
Zach,

Congratulations on getting your machine going!

Demented
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login