Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with compiling marlin with u8glib library

Posted by Linkreincarnate 
Help with compiling marlin with u8glib library
April 18, 2016 03:31AM
So I got a RepRap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller for my folgertech prusa i3. I added the include statement to the configuration file and now the firmware wont compile because it cant find the file. The file is in the arduino library folder though and arduino adds it to the drop down menu. What am I missing here? Why cant arduino find the file when I try to compile? What else can I try?
Re: Help with compiling marlin with u8glib library
April 18, 2016 07:17PM
What is the actual error message when you compile? Also what version of Arduino are you using?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 07:19PM by bryanandaimee.
Re: Help with compiling marlin with u8glib library
April 19, 2016 12:40PM
Hi,
i think that will help you. Works fine for me. smiling smiley (copied from here)

StathisD
Hi I had the same error... After fiddling around (thankfully I'm a developer) I changed the
code like this in dogm_font_data_marlin.h

//#include utility/u8g.h
#include clib/u8g.h

I removed the smaller /greater symbols because they're being deleted in this post. In the code you should keep these symbols
there are 2 places that the .h file is referenced,
In my case I just replaced the stepper drivers with DRV8825 ones ( old A4988 were dying one after the other) ad I had to recompile the FW with the new steps/mm for all motors.

The problem is you're using the latest u8g library and the directory structure changed. (utils directory is gone)
Don't forget to include the library in the Marlin.ino (Sketch->include library->u8glib)
Usually you cannot just "weed out" the include files, this .h file is part of the marlin solution.

Regards, Stathis D.

Gruß
Siggi

Geeetech I3 Pro B 8mm Acryl - Mega 2560 - Ramps 1.4 - TMC2100 - MK42 - E3DV6-Clone 0,4 - SSR 522-1dd60-40 (A-Senco) - Marlin RC8Bugfix 26.12.2016 - Repetier Host - Windows 7 64 Bit
Vulcanus mit Linearschienen
Anycubic i3 Mega
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login