Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What RepRap parts would you be interested in buying in a brick and mortars store?

Posted by PrintedSolid 
Hi All,
I'm looking for some community input. As you can tell from my signature, I run printedsolid.com. We are in the process of preparing an open to the public showroom / store section of our warehouse in Newark, Delaware.

We'll have a little section dedicated to RepRap with info on history and how to get started. I'd also like to have a selection of parts that might be useful for RepRappers.

The idea is to have just a small assortment of parts that you might want to pick up if you are in the middle of a project and don't want to wait for mail order. We carry E3D parts already, so looking for ideas outside of that.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Gorton
US Reseller for colorFabb filaments
3D Printing and Design services
[www.printedsolid.com]
Hardened rod and bearings are often parts that need to be ordered as they don't turn up locally. M3 nuts and bolts are hard to find in local hardware stores in the US and are used for lots of RepRap designs as well as for stepper mounting.
Genuine J-Head hot-ends.
Re: What RepRap parts would you be interested in buying in a brick and mortars store?
April 18, 2016 10:32PM
Thermistors and heater cartridges. When they fail you need a replacement real quick.
Re: What RepRap parts would you be interested in buying in a brick and mortars store?
April 19, 2016 09:02AM
Stuff you might have already available:

Wire. 0.14 mm2 for signals, 0.25 mm2 for steppers and extruder heaters, 2.5 mm2 high flexible for heated beds.

A crimping tool.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

A good value print surface that allows you to print without using bonding agents / slurry / hairspray / gluestick. Preferably one that comes with hi temp adhesive backnig already attached smiling smiley
April 22, 2016 09:19AM
Nice plug, Mutley!
Screws and other fasteners are what I was always wanting to get local and no one seemed to have. I would have been happy to get stuff like hotends local too if they were available at the same or not much over the Internet prices.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Thank you all for the suggestions.
Lykle
Nice plug, Mutley!

sorry smiling smiley

Could stock glue sticks and kapton aswell.
Lots of sizes of bearings / pulleys / idlers... If I need these, I end up buying multiples as it works out cheaper per piece, and then have lots lying around I don't need (eg, 1 will cost £2.50, but 10 only costs £5/6)... would be great to pop to a shop and just buy one piece at a set price.

"waiting for parts but need them now" is just the story of my life..... Using this logic, you'll have to stock every single piece of a reprap. Perhaps consider stocking upgrade kits that can be applied to popular reprap models? Eg, larger print beds, heated beds, rigidity upgrades, lead screw kits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login