Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to assemble this extruder?

Posted by scarecrow2k6 
How to assemble this extruder?
April 30, 2016 11:26AM
I recently bought this extruder: Ebay Link. Problem is there is no clear instruction on how to assemble it. The specific problem that I am having is that I don't know how to make the spring tensioner works. After putting together everything, except the spring tensioner, I am left with M4 and M5 (I'm guessing that's what they are) screws. For some weird reason every picture from the Ebay page hides that part of the mechanism. Please help, thanks!
Re: How to assemble this extruder?
April 30, 2016 11:33AM
the 5m screw sits in top or the spring so the tensioning screw has something to ride on. the 4m screw goes through the hole next to the output hole to keep the spring in place.
at least that is how I assembled mine.
April 30, 2016 11:42AM
if you would include a photo of how you assembled it it's easier to help. But my guess is that you need to put one screw in the spring, the head of that screw is compressed by the screw in the tensioner arm and the other screw need to hold the spring together with the motor mount block. Image 1,3,4,5 on the ebay page shows the installation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 11:42AM by Frans@France.
April 30, 2016 12:04PM
Ok now it makes sense, you guys are awesome, thanks smiling smiley . After reading the comments, I did some more digging and this is what I found: Youtube Link. I gotta say, the assembly is a bit unconventional, hence the confusion. Now that is solved, I am having another issue, the M5 Push Connector for the PTFE tubing does not fit the hole of the extruder, it is a bit smaller (hole of the extruder is bigger). I thought the M5 push connector is the standard when it comes to Bowden extruders, right? Or am I doing something wrong?
April 30, 2016 12:12PM
I would expect it to be M6, since that is what the threaded shaft is for the usual hotend for that style of extruder.
April 30, 2016 12:18PM
stephenrc
I would expect it to be M6, since that is what the threaded shaft is for the usual hotend for that style of extruder.
Yes you are right, the reason I got the M5 is because someone from Thingiverse posted an extruder model that had M5 holes. I decided to go with the Metal one from Ebay... oh well, couple more weeks of waiting while I use my plastic printed one. Learned a lot today, thanks! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login