Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

simplify3d end script

Posted by bizit524 
simplify3d end script
June 08, 2016 11:52AM
so my end script is pretty basic I set it to turn off fans and motors and bed. and I set the nozzle to move away from the print.
However the nozzle move height is just a set distance. I have run into issues where I started a print and it was higher than the move away height and I forgot to change it.

for example I just printed a 15 hour print today it was 160mm and move distance was to 150 when it finished it jammed the hotend into the print and destroyed it ruining the entire print and the 15 hours spent.

Is there something that I can set it to, to be more dynamic? like + 15 higher than the 3d model it is printing?
Re: simplify3d end script
June 08, 2016 12:09PM
Switch to relative coordinates with a G91 and send a G1 Z15 and it'll move up 15mm from it's current position, then send a G90 to switch it back to absolute coordinates.
June 08, 2016 12:10PM
Personally I have it setup so it only "homes" X and Y but not Z. It gets the head out of the way and you don't have to worry about height since it remains the same.

Printers: Heavily redesigned TwoUp with E3D V6 and Robo3D R1+ with Chimera/Cyclops
June 08, 2016 12:47PM
Thanos_of_MW
Personally I have it setup so it only "homes" X and Y but not Z. It gets the head out of the way and you don't have to worry about height since it remains the same.

I did this too until a few parts I printed had a flat top and the head traveled across it to the home position, leaving a nice line from the heat of the nozzle. I now add 5mm after finishing to stop that problem.
June 09, 2016 12:51PM
so i would just put in
G91
G1 Z5

like that?
Sorry don't know much about gcodes
June 09, 2016 01:24PM
bizit524
so i would just put in
G91
G1 Z5

like that?
Sorry don't know much about gcodes

Yes, perhaps followed by G90 and something like G1 X0 Y0 to get the head out of the way of the print.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 06, 2016 10:22PM
Can I get this script? smiling smiley
November 07, 2016 01:45AM
You can simply copy paste the text.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login