Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stringy prints

Posted by [email protected] 
stringy prints
June 22, 2016 01:39PM
I'm having issues with my prints being very stringy and weak. I think that the extruder isn't feeding enough filament. I calclated the correct steps per milimeter, but when I tried to upload it in the firmware, it gave me an error saying that it had problems uploading to the board. Any help would be great. Also, I'm new to this site, and I'm not sure I posted this question in the right place.Thanks
Re: stringy prints
June 22, 2016 08:15PM
You can try to change the e-steps by the EEPROM. It can be accessed from repetier host. I'm not sure about other host softwares.

You can also manually increase flow for your filament configuration, this can be a temporary solution.

Make sure you aren't connected to your printer with another software if you want to upload the firmware.

Hope it helped!

DYZE DESIGN
Hotends, Extruders, Liquid Cooling and Accessories.
June 22, 2016 09:27PM
I'm fairly new to 3D printing, so I'm not familiar with what e-steps are if you could explain that. as for increasing the flow rate, I've tried that on several different levels, and it doesn't have any effect.
June 23, 2016 08:22AM
e-steps are simple "Extruder steps per mm".

If your firmware is configured to give access to EEPROM, you can change it very quickly in Repetier. Hit Config / Firmware EEPROM Configuration
You will see the according steps/mm for your extruder.

You can see a guide here for fine tuning the values: [reprap.org]

DYZE DESIGN
June 23, 2016 08:29AM
Some of the values are in red, like there are no settings for them that exist, and all of the settings (including the red boxes) have a value of 0
June 23, 2016 08:54AM
Ok, it looks like your EEPROM aren't activated.

We will need to use the firmware. Can you paste the error you get when trying to upload the firmware?

DYZE DESIGN
June 23, 2016 05:06PM
sorry it took me so long to reply, but I tried to upolad the firmware again to see what the error was, and it said that it uploaded successfully. so I tried the steps prer mm measurements again, and got the same result, it was still off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login