Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 stops printing after a certain height

Posted by scarecrow2k6 
Prusa i3 stops printing after a certain height
June 23, 2016 07:57PM
I am very confused about what is going on. I checked everything but I can't seem to figure out what is the problem. My Prusa i3 (Makerfarm) starts with a really good print but after reaching a certain amount of height, the nozzle has difficulty spitting out plastic. Any suggestions guys? Thanks.
Re: Prusa i3 stops printing after a certain height
June 23, 2016 08:28PM
I am actually having a very similar problem, but I have a few suggestions just in case the cause of your problem is different. Depending on whether it is a software/firmware issue, or a hardware issue (clogging, jamming etc.), the solution will be different. Are you able to take the hot end off so that you can extrude filament and have no interferance from the hot end or any other parts? I think I have a test you can try to tell which kind of issue it is.
June 23, 2016 08:40PM
I don't think there is any jam going on. The reason I say that because when at a certain layer the nozzle stops letting out plastic, if I stop printing and if I manually extrude plastic, it extrudes. Please let me know what test you were suggesting in your last answer, thanks.
June 23, 2016 10:14PM
Check your extruder motor current. If too high, the driver might partially shut down, causing issues similar to what you describe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login