Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

aliexpress dropping bearing and ball screw?

Posted by Dust 
aliexpress dropping bearing and ball screw?
June 23, 2016 11:21PM
Hi Guys

I just got a e-mail from a aliexpress seller Ive dealt with in the past it says.

"we just got notice that aliexpress plan to delete the bearing and ball screw categories from end of this month, we will be not allowed to sell all type bearings, ball screws ect CNC parts on aliexpress, all the store with these categories will be closed end of this month"

This could just be marketing BS, or it could be real, has anyone else heard anything about this?

If its real it will be a very sad day.
Re: aliexpress dropping bearing and ball screw?
June 24, 2016 06:41AM
I would say that's nonsense, somewhere like BST, for example, would be forced to close and would surely have a notice on their store page. Considering the vast quantities of ballscrews and bearings on aliexpress they'd lose out on a lot of business.
June 24, 2016 08:50AM
asbo
I would say that's nonsense, somewhere like BST, for example, would be forced to close and would surely have a notice on their store page. Considering the vast quantities of ballscrews and bearings on aliexpress they'd lose out on a lot of business.
From BST store: [www.aliexpress.com]

Since the product lines will be adjusted by Aliepxress from 1,July,some products will not be allowed sell online,like Ballscrew,Linear Bearing,Ballscrew End support etc.,so we have to remove relevent prodcuts from selling list in Aliexpress,but will still keep those products in stock
June 24, 2016 12:49PM
+1 For my observational skills eye rolling smiley
That seems a proper weird thing for aliexpress to do though.
June 24, 2016 02:33PM
Since these messages are being popped up on multiple sellers, it seems to be a real thing.
Wonder why they're doing it though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 02:34PM by Mikk36.
June 25, 2016 05:26PM
Maybe this?

[www.ibtimes.com]
June 25, 2016 05:30PM
sigxcpu
Maybe this?

[www.ibtimes.com]

Interesting. I guess it was easier for them to do a blanket ban on exports to all countries instead of just to North Korea.
June 25, 2016 07:53PM
that's BS, anything can be used in weapons production...
June 25, 2016 07:56PM
Dust
that's BS, anything can be used in weapons production...

I think the concern is more with nuclear arms, rather than general weaponry. It looks like they are trying to get rid of their source of high precision machinery. not that it will make much difference, its not exactly difficult for a country to just make their own CNC factory machines to make ball screws....
June 25, 2016 09:54PM
Export controls on CNC machines aren't anything new. There are a number of higher precision machines that carry sensors to detect motion of the machine after installation and will disable the machine control until serviced. This is to prevent legal countries from buying the machine and then being paid to have it shipped elsewhere. I highly doubt that export is the reason they are being pulled though.
June 25, 2016 10:16PM
I doubt anyone would consider most of the ball screws and linear guides available through aliexpress to be high precision eye rolling smiley
July 04, 2016 11:54AM
Seems like BS to me.
[www.aliexpress.com]
July 04, 2016 05:00PM
@Mikk36, make up your mind tongue sticking out smiley

Just because its now past the end of the month and you have new evidence...
July 05, 2016 03:58AM
I've got nothing to make up my mind about, it's not me that started spreading this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login