Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Megatronics 2.0 Board not working

Posted by johnkmitchell911 
Megatronics 2.0 Board not working
June 24, 2016 06:10PM
I'm building a 3D printer based heavily on the Prusa I3. I'm using the Meagtronics 2.0 board to control it. I know the board worked last week but now it is having problems. I downloaded a new version of marlin and flashed it to the board. From pronterface, I can control the heated bed, but the motors won't move. The lcd screen says that the motor moved, but the printer does nothing. I've attached the configuration file.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (45.6 KB)
Re: Megatronics 2.0 Board not working
June 28, 2016 04:43PM
Did you do any hardware changes before you changed your firmware? Or the problem arrived when you flashed your firmware?

Can you heat your hotend? If it doesn't heat, your problem comes from your power.

DYZE DESIGN
Hotends, Extruders, Liquid Cooling and Accessories.
June 28, 2016 05:00PM
I have made a few hardware changes over the last few days: replacing the hotend with the E3D V6, replacing the X-carriage. I've also rewired the board to improve cable management. So, I could have done something in all of that to cause a malfunction. I fear that I may have crossed the 12v power wires at some point, providing 12v to ground. I don't know how well protected the board is from such voltages.

I did not change the firmware before the problem arose. It seemed to be working one day and not the next.

No, I cannot heat the hotend. I know that I'm getting 12v to the board from the power supply. I've checked by touching fan wires to the top of the screw terminals. If the power problem you speak of is on the board somewhere, then I don't think it's recoverable.
June 28, 2016 05:14PM
It seems like something might be wrong after the 12V terminals.

I have checked the schematics available on reprap.org and there is a 12A fuse right after the 12V input (25A for the bed). Check if you can find it and if there is continuity with your multimeter.

DYZE DESIGN
Attachments:
open | download - 12V Input.PNG (9 KB)
June 29, 2016 02:32PM
Dyze_Design, thanks for showing me the schematic for the board. I've written an arduino program to turn on certain pins on the board. From this, I learned that the heated bed circuit seems to be fine, but I can only power the board over USB which shouldn't happen when I have the pins on jumper SRC12v closed. I now believe that I've blown the fuse for the main power rail on the board. Setting pin D9 high does not turn on led LEX1. Do you know if the fuse on the main power rail is self-resetting? Or is it a one-and-done type fuse?
July 04, 2016 02:31PM
I'm pretty sure it is a one use fuse. The resettable fuses are pretty big usually, they require a surface area greater than any other fuse due to the crystal inside.

You might need to check where it is and manually resolder it!

DYZE DESIGN
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login