Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

latest sourceforge release issues

Posted by Grogyan 
latest sourceforge release issues
December 07, 2010 05:45PM
I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with the latest release on sourceforge.

I'm using gen3 electronics, which are known to be working with a release version last year.
Just decided to try out the new host and firmware, ensuring the same firmware settings I use for my printer have been migrated properly.

My isssue which I mentioned in post in the host thread is, the latest release appears to not be talking with the firmware to the host.

Any ideas to why this might be happening?
Re: latest sourceforge release issues
December 07, 2010 09:57PM
I dont know how old your firmware is, but at one point I think they upped the default baud rate. This means you need to be running firmware that corresponds with the host software (or change the baud rate appropriately).
December 07, 2010 09:58PM
Hi, I have responded down in the host topic.

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 10:16PM by davmj.
December 07, 2010 10:23PM
If you use the host software to slice the model, then this should not be an issue. While using skeinforge though, I have found that it does not disable the insertion of M101 and M103 when enabling E codes. Since the firmware does not have a switch case for these commands, it seems to cause an error that locks up the firmware. You also need to remove comments from the Gcode once it finishes slicing up the model.

If that doesn't do it for you, then I wonder if your problem and mine might be related. I have been trying for weeks to get a finished print. It is as if the firmware locks up 6 layers away from the end. A couple weeks ago I couldn't even start a print then I threw some random Z-axis moves in the beginning of every print. I still don't understand how that "fix" makes a difference. I just copied some stuff out of Gcode made by the host software.
December 07, 2010 11:10PM
This issue isn't to do with slice and dice, just to simply jog an axis, which is just simple commands to the hardware.
Clicking on a button to move an axis causes the host to crash and freeze. Meaning a full system restart to free up the comms again.

Your problem and mine are probably related.

Forgot to mention that I also reduced the baud to 9600, this cleared up a lot of comms problems before on the old firmware and host.

The version i'm trying to get working is 20100806 on sourceforge, this is a tagged release and is suppose to be stable.
I use Windows XP 32bit, with 4GB of RAM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 11:17PM by Grogyan.
December 08, 2010 12:19AM
I tried other things, refer to
[forums.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login