Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Design

Posted by aaroncm 
Rostock Design
July 07, 2016 05:10AM
Hey guys,

I've built and designed a few printers in the past but I want to try and build a Rostock for a change.

Can the frame be as wide as I want, or do I need to stick to certain measurements? Because the rods you can buy that attach the extruder to the rails only come in standard lengths right?

This is my biggest question. For example my other printer which is made from 20x20 extrusion was just assembled as big as I wanted it. As long as I had rods long enough, we were in business.

Thanks for any advice smiling smiley
Re: Rostock Design
July 07, 2016 09:22AM
See the delta section of this forum. All sorts of more relevant info there. Depending on your comfort level and tools you can make whatever size arms you want. There are also people who will make up custom sets to order.
Re: Rostock Design
July 07, 2016 01:31PM
As Koko76 says, see the delta section for more advice - but you can make the rods to whatever length you need. You might want to consider a later delta design such as the Kossel. I describe a Kossel variant designed for 300mm printable diameter in my blog - see link in my signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2016 01:31PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login