Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for 8mm single start leadscrew

Posted by leadinglights 
Looking for 8mm single start leadscrew
July 11, 2016 11:46AM
I am looking for 8mm leadscrews and nuts to upgrade the Z axis on a Prusa type printer - they must be single start type with a pitch of 1 to 2mm and should preferably be available in the U.K.. The commonly available 4 start ones are not acceptable. I know that good ones are available at a price, but this is just a final bit of tinkering to try to eliminate some residual Z wobble that bearing supports can't tease out.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Mike
Re: Looking for 8mm single start leadscrew
July 11, 2016 01:54PM
leadinglights
I am looking for 8mm leadscrews and nuts to upgrade the Z axis on a Prusa type printer - they must be single start type with a pitch of 1 to 2mm and should preferably be available in the U.K.. The commonly available 4 start ones are not acceptable. I know that good ones are available at a price, but this is just a final bit of tinkering to try to eliminate some residual Z wobble that bearing supports can't tease out.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Mike

Here you go. [www.amazon.co.uk].

Not sure what length you want, that link is for 200mm but the supplier has many more options on Amazon. I bought 3 off 1,000 mm long, 1mm pitch, single start for the printer I'm building from the same supplier. It's Amazon UK but the seller is based in China so delivery is a couple of weeks or so but the goods arrived well packaged and undamaged.
Re: Looking for 8mm single start leadscrew
July 11, 2016 02:24PM
Thanks deckingman, I have ordered two at 300mm (I need 270mm) I thought that I had looked at all of the ones on ebay and Amazon but had obviously overlooked these ones.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login