Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alternative 3D Printers with RepRap Firmware

Posted by Gotboost858 
Alternative 3D Printers with RepRap Firmware
July 31, 2016 06:18PM
Hi everyone,

Im new to 3D Printing, and I had some questions about Firmware and selected electronics for managing 3D Printing. I heard that RepRap is the most stable and versatile platform available and I wanted to know is this only for the Arduino platforms or can I use a Pine64 to create a Duet wifi? Where do I go to download software to modify for the Snapdragon A53 processor?
Re: Alternative 3D Printers with RepRap Firmware
August 01, 2016 02:54AM
RepRapFirmware currently runs on the Duet WiFi (ATSAM4E8E processor), Duet (ATSAM3X8E processor), and on Arduino Due + RADDS (also ATSAM3X8E processor). The sources of my fork (which is the official version for the Duet WiFi) are at [github.com] for the main firmware and [github.com] for the hardware abstraction layer.

Bear in mind that although the Pine64 provides the processor, USB interface, WiFi interface and SD card socket, to create a 3D printer controller similar to the Duet WiFi you would need to add the TMC2660 drivers, the mosfets and their drivers for the heaters and the fan, and ADC channels to do the temperature and supply voltage monitoring. Also it needs separate SPI channels for the stepper driver control and for accessories, so that slow accessories don't hold up commands to the stepper drivers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 06:43PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Alternative 3D Printers with RepRap Firmware
August 01, 2016 05:56PM
Yeah, just buy a Duet. That's all there is in RepRap.

Maybe someone else will come and sell you stuff soon.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login