Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assembly Automation journal - Call for Papers

Posted by Clive Loughlin 
Assembly Automation journal - Call for Papers
January 06, 2011 01:07PM
AA 31-2 Rapid Prototyping and joining technologies

Our theme covers the whole of RP and so any area will be of interest to us. We try to include the most up to date and significant developments. If you have any particular suggestions please feel free to e-mail them to me for early feedback.

CliveLoughlin@engineeringfirst.com
Web: [info.emeraldinsight.com]
Assembly Automation [mc.manuscriptcentral.com] - (online manuscript submission)

We do not have rigid size limits but most articles/papers are 3000-5000 words with about 10 figures. Format is very simple – just a Word doc with the figure captions at the end and each figure uploaded as a separate TIF or JPG file.

For this special issue (AA 31-3) I would hope to have received all contributions online (see link above) by mid-February. They are then sent for internal and external review which normally takes about 4 weeks. The issue is scheduled for print publication on 6th August 2011 and will be online a few weeks before that.

Please contact me if the above is of interest to you.

Clive

Dr Clive Loughlin
Editor - Assembly Automation
Re: Assembly Automation journal - Call for Papers
January 06, 2011 03:21PM
Is it ISI indexed?
January 07, 2011 09:31AM
Hello Clive,

I can't work out if you charge a fee for these research papers?

If I create a login can I get information for free from your website?

The current issue of the Rapid Prototyping Journal sounds interesting, but is it free?

My only other comment would be Feb to Aug is quite a long time, much can happen, but I guess it depends on what level of detail you are trying to get across to your readership.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 07, 2011 03:53PM
richrap,

Clive isn't actually selling stuff here.

He's the editor of an academic journal, and he dropped in to ask you (and everyone else) if you'd care to submit your work to the journal for publication. grinning smiley

(pst: go for it, it will be fun, and it will help your cv!)

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
January 07, 2011 05:07PM
It sounds good and I'm interested but i wanted to check if what we submit will be accessable to all (free).

I'm quite happy to help, but as many of us are still new to Reprap and 3D printing it all depends on what Clive is looking for. Maybe just define significant development?

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 07, 2011 11:39PM
richrap,

Think of it this way: if you take Clive up on his kind offer and do up a nice reprap review article for the journal, his readers will all dogpile our website, buy or borrow a set of parts, join reprap-dev,
http://reprap.org/pipermail/reprap-dev/
and start stuffing files and other documentation into our wiki. grinning smiley He's offering us access to a bunch of potential new keen fellow reprap developers.

If you don't take him up on his offer, that won't happen. sad smiley

what we submit will be accessible to all (free).
Oh, primary documentation, i.e. files, wikitext, images, and files, should go in the wiki so that folk can find it and replicate our research, but once that's sorted, it's jolly good fun to spray copies of our documentation across the rest of the internet.

Clive,
http://reprap.org/wiki/What_Tooling_Do_You_Have ?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
January 08, 2011 04:42AM
Thanks Sebastien,

I agree it sounds great! smiling smiley

I have e-mailed Clive for more info and some initial ideas.

Cheers,

Rich

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 13, 2011 04:02PM
Clive, do you accept LaTeX documents? If so, do you have a particular layout style/template that can be downloaded?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login