Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Site not in english

Posted by elwood127 
Site not in english
August 09, 2016 11:36PM
Hey all, am I the only one that has these pages occasionally show Chinese instead of english? Just noticed that there is "Supercar777" on almost every post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2016 11:43PM by elwood127.
Re: Site not in english
August 09, 2016 11:58PM
It's spam. I've reported it to the admins.

If you see others like it, open the first one, hit the Report icon.
August 10, 2016 12:23AM
I ran a full AVG scan, nothing showing. Ran Spybot and Regclean. Found 100's of registry errors. This site comes in english now. Saw that Supercar777 has multiple sites associated with it.
August 10, 2016 01:32AM
Those spamming B*&^%DS needed shooting watched it for months just throw pages of crap almost but the last couple of months the clowns filled the general forum with up to 30 pages one weekend, just cant believe how stupid they are no one was viewing them and they still continued,
hats off to the admin keeping them out, reason for the registration Deux and other put in place, just have to weed out the others now.
August 10, 2016 02:30AM
These guys are spamming multiple forums all across the place, not just our beloved reprap forum.

It appears as though they have still managed to spam even with the new account reistration process.

Is there any way that if a detected chinese text character (or several of them) was present on western speaking forum pages, they could automatically get rejected when the submit button was pressed? Some sort of web page script??

Hats off to theAdmins too for fighting these attacks!!!!
August 10, 2016 05:37AM
FYI those are actually korean language.

We had the same (but with less amount) wave of spam last summer, it ended with August for no known reasons.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
August 10, 2016 07:03AM
Although I hate spammers, it has to be said that the new captchas for every post is excruciatingly annoying. Not only are they good at stopping bots, they are also good at stopping me.....
August 10, 2016 07:37AM
Origamib
Although I hate spammers, it has to be said that the new captchas for every post is excruciatingly annoying. Not only are they good at stopping bots, they are also good at stopping me.....

Yes we know this is a pain, so it will only be temporary measure.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
VDX
August 10, 2016 03:34PM
... this captchas won't really stop "human" spammers, so it's only for testing countermeasures eye rolling smiley

This mostly Korean spammers seems to be an annoying group of people, more than automated scripts ... but sometimes they're starting scripts too with flooding the forum with some hundred spams in some ten minutes sad smiley

But fortunately we have some scripts too, which can handle this hundred posts at once with some mouse-clicks -- so it's only to wait, until the next admin visits the forum to get the notice and start the cleaning actions winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 10, 2016 08:07PM
jinx
Those spamming B*&^%DS needed shooting watched it for months just throw pages of crap almost but the last couple of months the clowns filled the general forum with up to 30 pages one weekend, just cant believe how stupid they are no one was viewing them and they still continued,
hats off to the admin keeping them out, reason for the registration Deux and other put in place, just have to weed out the others now.

I didn't open any of them but I don't think it's about getting views. It's an old tactic for SEO (search engine optimization). The search engine crawlers have traditionally weighted inbound links to web pages heavily, so throwing a lot of links to a site they're trying to hawk on as many sites as they can moves their sites up the search engine results. Supposedly it doesn't work as well as it used to but it's certainly as annoying as it ever was.
August 11, 2016 04:56AM
@IMBoring thanks for that have wondered why so many posting

see it not completely stopped the tit, but there some comfort in knowing the sad git gotta sit there and type the captcha every time
August 13, 2016 12:48AM
elwood127
I ran a full AVG scan, nothing showing. Ran Spybot and Regclean. Found 100's of registry errors. This site comes in english now. Saw that ***** has multiple sites associated with it.

elwood127, it was unnecessary to scan your computer for viruses, as others said it's the website itself that fell victim to spamming, which is unsolicited or undesired electronic messages. Once someone registers to the forum they have the ability to write in any language they want.

Also, you went to a lot of trouble taking a picture of your display, uploading it to your PC and then to the forum. Using the "print screen" key on your keyboard gets you a much better quality screen capture and is much easier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login