Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small, light, effective fan shrouds for popular hotend designs

Posted by DjDemonD 
Re: Small, light, effective fan shrouds for popular hotend designs
November 11, 2017 02:36AM
This is what I came up with. It is an edit of a duet smart effector fan mount that someone else shared. I made the bracket smaller, opened up space for the LED lights, and made nozzles for the blowers to put the air right at the nozzle. They look off, but the airflow is perfect...it took quite a few designs to get the off axis airflow of the blowers to point in the right place. Printed transparent for lights. [/url][/img]
November 11, 2017 03:28AM
Looks good! Have you published the design on Thingiverse or elsewhere?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 23, 2017 12:12AM
Mechabits%2B%2B0761.JPG
MechaBits%2B0596.JPG
Mechabits%2B0680.JPG
Not as small as I would have liked 68g, but after many reworks I couldnt face another iteration, 2mm screws are a pain but was thinking of melting some filament to secure the radials, not sure if i need some extra ducts/part. Mulled over multipart version, which may have been better in a few ways, it's really satisfying to also do it in one. I would like to see how if printed in other materials how it could be smaller /thinner, lighter....and or done totally different.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login