Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Esun Cleaning Filament

Posted by DjDemonD 
Esun Cleaning Filament
August 26, 2016 05:06PM
Okay so bought some of this Esun 1.75mm cleaning filament, on a whim from E3D when purchasing a new hot end. £15 for 100g, but you only need to use around 5-8cm per cleaning, so easily 50 shots per roll.

The claim is that it will feed at between 160-280 deg C and can help to keep your nozzle free from dirt and burnt filament.

Well after removing black Excelvan ABS, I couldn't feed it by hand or using my e3d titan at 220 deg C, went up to 240 deg C and it was still very stiff to push through. But it did feed some, comes out transparent-ish. Pulled it back out and couldn't see any debris. Whether it has cleaned anything I am not sure. I haven't tried it at 160 deg C but based on my one experience so far I'd say it would most likely be a solid at that temperature.

Wondering what sort of experience anyone else has had with it?

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Esun Cleaning Filament
August 26, 2016 05:52PM
New throat & nozzle £2 probably get 8 of each for 15quid, maybe more.
August 26, 2016 05:58PM
Lol yeah maybe, but genuine e3d nozzle and throat £16 not including time spent changing it and failed print.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
August 26, 2016 06:23PM
I suspect this would be a less expensive and more efficient method.
August 26, 2016 07:19PM
I might of guessed you'd probably go with a more expensive nozzle/throat combo than i'm using, but these cheap ones seem perfectly adequate, I feel lucky that by using the cheapest filament, cheapest hotend, cheapest filament feeder, bowden, that given all these limitations the output is fine, I'm starting to think that if I changed all of these items for more expensive premium grade items I wonder how visible the improvement would be, I dont think enough of a difference to justify the expense, you could easily blow £300 and not see much improvement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login