Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Octoprint problems

Posted by DjDemonD 
Octoprint problems
August 28, 2016 06:51AM
So I have two Raspberry Pi 2b's running octopi. Every now and again they just don't boot. I can power cycle them, wait for ages, nothing. Then after turning them off and coming back to them much later sometimes they boot back up. If I restore the memory cards using some backup software they work again. My wifi network is reliable (my phone is working fine on wifi when this happens) and I'm using decent sd cards.

Its getting to the point where it is easier to just use sd cards.

How reliable do others find Octopi?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2016 06:52AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Octoprint problems
August 28, 2016 10:09AM
I use the same Pi generation as you and do not have had that issue, ever.
Did you also try another power supply, as the Pi's prefer a very stable one being used?
August 28, 2016 12:56PM
I'll have a look at that I'm using some 12v to5v converters designed as usb supplies for cars. Maybe I'll try mains phone charger plugs instead, maybe the 12v supply bounces around a bit.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
August 28, 2016 01:56PM
This sounds more like a Raspberry Pi issue than OctoPi. I have two Pi running. One is rock solid. The other one has it's problems. They are running the exact same image on the SD cards. The one with the problems got left next to a window during a particularly hot day once. After that, the problems started. If you have your Pi in a case, try taking it out or adding a fan to it to cool it down.
August 28, 2016 04:25PM
I'm just trying thr psu fix first but I've got some heatsinks I could stick one on.

Simon Khoury

August 28, 2016 05:46PM
Swapped to a phone charger for powering the pi and its working, perhaps my ebay 5v converters are not up to much smiling smiley

Simon Khoury

August 29, 2016 08:29AM
Nice!
My initial experiences with the first generation RPI were simular. That's why it was the first thing I thought of, reading your post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login