Posted by degroof 
RepRap Shops on Make:
December 07, 2007 09:31AM
This morning, the Make: blog mentioned both RRRF and BitsFromBytes:
[blog.makezine.com]

Hope you guys are ready for an influx of new customers. smiling smiley
Re: RepRap Shops on Make:
December 07, 2007 10:59AM
yeah, i saw that too. unfortunately (fortunately?) just about everything on the RRRF store is sold out. i'm going to be super busy this weekend.
December 07, 2007 11:06AM
//just about everything on the RRRF store is sold out//

Uh oh, gonna need to set up a waiting list app. smiling smiley

What do you figure the ETA is for molded plastic kits?
December 07, 2007 11:11AM
i *should* have enough onhand to ship out 25 plastic kits. i havent tallied up yet since i marked those as sold out, but i should have enough parts onhand to ship out kits to everyone who ordered (including you... winking smiley
Anonymous User
December 07, 2007 01:08PM
What are "Plastic Parts Kits?" I have not seen them on the store?
December 07, 2007 01:10PM
OK, now I'm confused. I saw the extruder kit on RRRF and ordered that. I haven't seen the molded RP parts there yet. Do you have those too?
December 07, 2007 02:04PM
i took the extruder kit down because i was out of stock of machined parts.

i have a mold and plenty of casting plastic so i can still provide the cast parts themselves. i only have the cast parts for the extruder.
December 07, 2007 02:33PM
OK, so, what I should expect from my order is an extruder kit with the plastic parts rather than the machined parts, right? Sounds good.

What I was asking, though, was whether you were planning on selling the plastic parts for the cartesian robot as well. Something like what Ian has here: [bitsfrombytes.com]
December 11, 2007 09:25PM
yes, we're going to have those in the RRRF store eventually. i'm ordering a set of 10 from him soon.
December 12, 2007 06:08PM
I was lucky enough to get a set of molded parts! Excellent work! Got a blow-torch today to play with :-E
December 12, 2007 06:38PM
ZachHoeken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes, we're going to have those in the RRRF store
> eventually. i'm ordering a set of 10 from him
> soon.

Thanks. I'll sit tight, then. Probably best if Ian doesn't have to mess with a bunch of one-off international orders.
February 15, 2008 09:33PM
Hi,

I was wondering if there had been any progress or changes in the status of all or parts of the extruder kit. I've got all the electronics working now on my Repstrap and will in short order be moving on to the extruder head. Unfortunately, it appears the extruder kit is out of stock and from what I've read, may remain so for quite a while. It looks like the screw, heating barrel, and the other metal parts could be made oneself (and I know they were up in the store for a while), but I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to what the plastic molded parts should look like. Do you have any more molded extruder parts left, Zach?

Thanks
February 18, 2008 01:33PM
well, i'm waiting on a guy to do moldings of the parts. i'll email him and find out what is up.

there is also the chance that i'll be able to skip that and have printed parts up in the shop in the next month or so. dont hold your breath winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login