Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Max v1 acting wierd.

Posted by DaGameFace 
Rostock Max v1 acting wierd.
September 21, 2016 11:31AM
So, I was able to verify that I had a V1, So i found its manual and firmware from seemecnc.com. Flashed the firmware and followed the manual exactly. When sent a G28 command, two towers move down about 1cm and stop while the third tower moves upward ~1cm. If sent the G28 code a second time, it will do nothing.

One time when I had a cut connection on my x endstop for my prusa I saw the x carriage move in the x+ direction then stop after about 1cm, but on the rostock, all the endstops are behaving correctly. Using the jog controls yields strange results as some do nothing while others half work.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this. Am considering replacing the Rambo. Any ideas?
Re: Rostock Max v1 acting wierd.
September 21, 2016 03:10PM
You may have to invert the direction of the two towers that move down in the firmware, recompile, and reupload.
September 21, 2016 03:33PM
Most likely you have bad endstop wiring, and/or firmware cofiguration problems.
Assuming you are running a RAMBO with Repetier firmware 0.9+ then the homing sequence is each tower moves up until the endstop is hit, then moves down then moves back to the endstops, them moves down 5mm.
I'd start by checking the endstops are responding using M119, the V2/3 manuals describe the correct behavior and you can use them to debug a V1.

My blog [3dprinterhell.blogspot.com]
September 21, 2016 08:18PM
Yeah, in the process of inverting the directions, not used to repetier firmware, How does one do that? (the connectors for the steppers can't be reversed)

The endstops are behaving as they should according to m119, they are high when they should be high and low when they should be low.
September 22, 2016 09:56AM
Won't be able to test it for a few hours, but think I successfully inverted the axis by changing their max positions to negative values.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login