Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing using PETG

Posted by woutwoot 
Printing using PETG
September 30, 2016 12:03PM
I'm using E3Dv6 Lite and I'm trying to print with PETG. When I use spiralize for prints, they turn out really nice.
However, when I try to print something without using spiralize I feel like there is bad layer adhesion and the prints look very brittle.
Is this normal for PETG or am I using wrong temperatures or something else? I'm printing at 240 nozzle and 70 bed. Speed is set to 50mm/s
Atl
Re: Printing using PETG
September 30, 2016 01:01PM
I print petg at 240-250 depending on the color, bed at 70, speed at 60mm/s and no parts fan - I get great later adhesion and the parts are very strong. What brand filament are you using? Are you using a parts cooling fan?
September 30, 2016 01:08PM
Atl
I print petg at 240-250 depending on the color, bed at 70, speed at 60mm/s and no parts fan - I get great later adhesion and the parts are very strong. What brand filament are you using? Are you using a parts cooling fan?

I'm using "REAL filament", should be good quality filament. I do use the parts fan. Should I turn that off?
The thing that's bugging me is that spiralize prints have great layer adhesion and look awesome while other prints are the opposite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2016 01:09PM by woutwoot.
September 30, 2016 05:13PM
Just made another print without fans, same result. Any tips?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login