Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Help Please!

Posted by ata0921 
Mendel Help Please!
January 20, 2011 03:13PM
So I got everything wired up and connected. I am able to move all the axis, get temperature readings from the extruder thermistor. But I can't get the extruder stepper to move. My method for testing this was to simply hit the extrude button and looking for movement on the extruder. Is there another way to go about this.

Firmware loaded without any hitches, I didn't change anything in any of the configuration.h. What else can I do to get this going?

- Andy
digifabindustries.blogspot.com
Re: Mendel Help Please!
January 20, 2011 03:20PM
Hi

What electronics are you using Techzone, RAMPS, Gen6? Did you test whether the Extruder motor is well connected? You can try to connect the Extruder motor to X, Y or Z stepper driver to make sure it's not a cabling issue. If you're using TechZone or similar electronics make sure the mother board is connected to the Extruder board.

Regards
Tayeb
January 20, 2011 03:33PM
Do you have the SDA/SCL lines connected to D10/D9?

SDA to D10
SCL to D9

See the Mendel Wiring Diagram.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 20, 2011 03:41PM
I am using Gen 3 electronics. Everything is connected properly and the motor is functional. Should it work the way I am assuming it should. I am running the RepRap host software. If I hit the extrude button, the stepper motor attached to the extruder board should turn, right?

- Andy
January 20, 2011 03:51PM
Yeah, def dont have that hooked up. What are the specs for the proper connectors?

- Andy
January 21, 2011 12:28AM
Solved! Thanks, Bob Morrison. Jerry-rigged up a connector, but would still like to know what kind of wiring/connector you have there in the pic.

Thanks again.

- Andy
January 21, 2011 01:14AM
The left connector is a pin header cut down to 2 pins with wires attached, the right connector is a 4-pin female pin header cut down to 2 pins (or maybe it was originally an 8-pin).

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login