Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor issues!

Posted by TommyGWorkshop 
Stepper Motor issues!
October 03, 2016 11:44AM
So I have an FLSUN Delta Kossel Mini and I have ran the printer through quit a few projects. Recently I was preparing to run a project and when I touched the machine the LCD got scrambled, the only thing I could think of was I had built up some static electricity. So I powered down the whole machine, let it set for a couple of minutes and powered it back on and the screen was normal again, but when I tried to Home the machine my steppers went haywire.So I have disconnected the motors and tried each motor one by one. the motors themselves seem fine but when I plug a single motor into the Y or Z, the motor works fine, when I plug it into the X the motor will not move and when I pug in all 3 motor at the same time all the motors go haywire. Im thinking I may have fried something on the Board when I possible transferred static and the LCD scrambled, maybe someone can confirm or give me some other troubleshooting tips? An if the board is fried, Im having a really hard time finding the same Board. I have an MKS MINI-B V1.0 and has an integrated Heated bed output on it with 2 fan connectors. I have found the same board without the heated bed but maybe someone has seen it with the heated bed? I have attached a pic of the board I have! Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2016 11:44AM by TommyGWorkshop.
Attachments:
open | download - MKS MINI.jpg (437.6 KB)
Re: Stepper Motor issues!
October 03, 2016 11:08PM
You should try re-loading the firmware first.

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
October 04, 2016 06:56PM
Yes I did try to re upload Marlin and its still the same situation!
October 04, 2016 08:14PM
Please be very careful that the power is off before adjusting the wiring. Disconnecting a stepper wire while the driver is powered can fry the driver.

It probably would help to have some clarification of exactly what happens:

TommyGWorkshop
So I have disconnected the motors and tried each motor one by one.
How did you try each one? (BTW, the motors would not be damaged, but the driver chips could be).

TommyGWorkshop
the motors themselves seem fine but when I plug a single motor into the Y or Z, the motor works fine,
Sounds like the Y and Z drivers are OK.

TommyGWorkshop
when I plug it into the X the motor will not move
Does not sound good for the X driver.

TommyGWorkshop
and when I pug in all 3 motor at the same time all the motors go haywire.
What happens then? From what you have said above I would expect the Y and Z would work but not the X.

Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
October 05, 2016 02:26AM
When I plug in all 3 motors and they go haywire, it just keeps trying to move out of parameters so I have to power the unit down as the stepper motors continue to try to move well outside the area of the printer. I assume all three motors are going haywire but it could just be the X axis, it just seems weird that it wont even move when I only plug in a motor on the X but it will move when I plug in all 3 Axis. Hope that makes since and is detailed enough! Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2016 02:27AM by TommyGWorkshop.
October 05, 2016 12:40PM
TommyGWorkshop
Hope that makes since and is detailed enough!

Well, not quite.

Do they start moving all by themselves, or when you tell it to go somewhere? Is it trying to home?

It may be time to post a video of what is happening.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login