Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lasercut z ais motor pully slipping

Posted by anode505 
lasercut z ais motor pully slipping
January 22, 2011 02:31PM
My Z Axis motor pulley (lasercut/techzone) slips big time.

I've searched for a 'real' pulley but haven't found an 8 toothed version (most sites seem to start at 10 teeth)

Pondered making one, but its a bit of set-up and tooling (do have a mill well tooled) Also pondered drilling a small hole through the pulley and shaft and pining it. And making a kludge of a key way in both and a little JB Weld (the liquid equivalent of duct tape, the handyman's secret weapon) as the key.

Ideas?
Re: lasercut z ais motor pully slipping
January 22, 2011 04:19PM
Those more experienced than me may ask what kind of machine you're working with. I think there have been several variations on the Z axis pulleys.
January 22, 2011 04:22PM
Techzone lasercut mendel.

On another note, why was it originally designed with unobtainium? I've looked at the STLs of replacement parts and they are 8 toothed which seems to a non existent pulley in the real world.
VDX
January 22, 2011 04:36PM
... use superglue ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 22, 2011 07:13PM
8 tooth 5mm pitch pulleys are rare as hens teeth because you are not supposed to bend T5 belt around such a small radius. We should really be using T2.5 belt and 16 tooth pulleys, which do exists, but are deemed too fine to print. It is hard to buy them with the right bore as well.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 25, 2011 10:54AM
Thanks nophead

I may go the 2.5 route if I can find right bore size (or no bore, have a lathe)

But now experiencing a new prob, the motor is skipping. I'm going to go through the mechanics and look for friction. But feel I'm pretty close to it being good and think the motor is too close to it's limits.

I'm pondering adding a second motor and Siameseing a second controler or a bigger motor. (will the TechZone stepper controler handle a bigger motor?)
April 23, 2011 02:26PM
What's wrong with 10 tooth? unles your motors are right at the limit of their torque, 10 tooth should be fine, and if your using 16x microstepping, you won't miss the resolution....

Now... they all seem to be 6mm or 8 m bore, and all our motors seem to be 5mm, which is odd and annoying, but... eh...

nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 8 tooth 5mm pitch pulleys are rare as hens teeth
> because you are not supposed to bend T5 belt
> around such a small radius. We should really be
> using T2.5 belt and 16 tooth pulleys, which do
> exists, but are deemed too fine to print. It is
> hard to buy them with the right bore as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login