Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PetG Warping

Posted by makerparts 
PetG Warping
October 17, 2016 10:16AM
Running into some issues of slightly warping with PETG filament.
I use to have terrible warping with ABS and switching to PETG has been great,but i still run into it a bit here and there

sometimes I add mouse ears to the corners of a print and this tends to solve it most of the time.
My printer is not enclosed.

I run my PEI bed at 60 degrees and my hotend at 235

any tips to help prevent petg from warping?

Makerparts.ca
Your Canadian source for V-Slot Extrusion, CNC and 3D Printing Parts and Accessories.
we are proud to be an official Openbuilds distributor.
Re: PetG Warping
October 17, 2016 07:49PM
Run the bed at 70*C. I print PETG at 255*F HotEnd and 70*C Bed.
October 17, 2016 08:40PM
255 hotend.?. my petg is rated from 220-240,
really havent tried going higher

Makerparts.ca
Your Canadian source for V-Slot Extrusion, CNC and 3D Printing Parts and Accessories.
October 18, 2016 02:53PM
Get the bed hotter. Make sure it's clean and level. Rig up a heated chamber if you can.
October 21, 2016 09:46AM
I haven't experienced it warping. I print with bed at 80 deg C usually hot end at 220 first layer then drop to 210 after that. Using technologyoutlet 1.75mm petg in snow white. The hot end temps seemed low to me but any higher and I get bad stringing, plus it does flow through at this temperature without too much resistance. My only issue given how adhesive to the nozzle it is, is that if its squashed down on the first layer the nozzle pulls it away when it moves to the next position so lay it down rather than squashing it down. It sticks very well to most things. I use printbite and can thoroughly recommend it.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 22, 2016 05:57AM
DjDemonD
My only issue given how adhesive to the nozzle it is, is that if its squashed down on the first layer the nozzle pulls it away when it moves to the next position so lay it down rather than squashing it down..

I can copy that.

What kind of coating would help against this adhesion?
October 22, 2016 08:33AM
Well I did mess about with tungsten disulphide on some heatbreak internals maybe you could coat the outside of the nozzle with it. Blows ptfe into the bushes in terms of coefficient of friction but expensive and fairly toxic. The e3d silicone covers would certainly help as only the nozzle tip is exposed.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 22, 2016 09:40AM
The e3d silicone hotend caps really help with petg buildup

But they don't last that long. I had one already start to fall apart around the nozzle tip after 1 month.

I guess that's why they sell a three pack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 09:52AM by makerparts.

Makerparts.ca
October 23, 2016 03:14AM
...reminds me of having heat resistant silicone for carburetor repairs at hand. Will try it out next time on my diamond hotend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login