Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone use PETG on PrinteBite?

Posted by DaGameFace 
Anyone use PETG on PrinteBite?
October 21, 2016 12:56AM
so, i cant seem to find anyone who has, but the google results are so cluttered with people talking about petg "biting" into their bed as well as a lot of stuff about wolfbite, whatever that is. PETG is not listed as an officially supported filament but that doesn't always mean that you cant make it work. thought I would ask before buying some for an upcomming project
Re: Anyone use PETG on PrinteBite?
October 21, 2016 07:17AM
Seeing how print bite works, I doubt you will have any problems at all! I've not tried it yet but a roll of colorfabb carbon fill is going to be my next purchase and that is petg based I believe so please keep this thread updated if you go through with it
October 21, 2016 08:41AM
I've been using PETG with printbite and it sticks down well but doesn't self release when finished. So you do have to get in there with something sharp and thin to get it off. As far as I can tell it's impossible for chips to be torn out of the printbite like I've seen happen to glass beds.
The stuff I'm using is Reprapper Tech PETG which I bought from 3d filaprint, although they don't seem to be selling it any more.
October 21, 2016 09:04AM
thank you!
wasn't too concerned about taking a chip out of it but was worried that it was intentionally left off the compatibility list due to some weird interaction between the materials. not sure when I will go through with the project, may have to wait for summer, definately after my cube x at any rate

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
October 21, 2016 09:40AM
I've used it with technologyoutlet petg, same as asbo it doesn't really self release but I find below 40 deg C it can be detached fairly easily. I print it at 220 deg C onto 80 deg C bed.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
October 21, 2016 03:50PM
I have used PETG on PrintBite with good success - no warping and it releases well when the bed cools. I use 220C on 80C. This was with MakerGeeks white PETG.

See my blog at [moosteria.blogspot.com].
November 03, 2016 06:53AM
After a bit of experimentation I've found that my nozzle was too close to the bed, PETG apparently doesn't like to be squished at all. It's printing a lot better now and barely needs a tap to free the print when done.
November 03, 2016 07:16AM
Yeah some filaments seem worse than others, previously I always used technologyoutlet petg, but I just got some 3DPrima and its much nicer stuff, less prone to forming blobs, and sticking to the nozzle.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login