Re: Sensor LJ18A3-8-Z BX NPN NO - problem with Prusa i3
November 11, 2016 04:55AM
LJ18A3-8-Z BY PNP NO still 8 mm sense range but the output is reversed so you need to set endstop inverting to 'true' for this one
and dissable the endstp pullup option
November 11, 2016 05:12AM
obewan
LJ18A3-8-Z BY PNP NO still 8 mm sense range

Thanks for the answer,
It's strange, because the different between the two sensors is obvious. With this sensor (LJ18A3-8-Z BY PNP NO blue tip) the distance from heatbed is less than the LJ18A3-8-Z BX PNP NO orange tip and the sensor is shorter. When I go home I'll make the comparison photo winking smiley

obewan
but the output is reversed so you need to set endstop inverting to 'true' for this one
and dissable the endstp pullup option

I disabled the endstop pullup but I configured the endstop inverting to "false" because if I select "true" when the LED turns on the endstop status is: "open" and when the LED is off is "TRIGGERED", I don't know why.
This is my endstop configuration and the sensor works, finally smiling smiley
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
  // fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2016 05:13AM by dont_go_away.
November 13, 2016 09:00PM
If it weren't totally, ridiculously, incredibly unlikely, I'd say that perhaps your NPN sensor is wired with the wrong colour wires connected inside. Perhaps black is ground and blue is signal? I've never heard of this happening, but it's how it seems to be behaving.

Anyway I'm glad you're making progress with your PNP sensor.
November 14, 2016 03:36AM
In future, I retry to check the wires of the NPN sensor, I had never thought it would be a wires problem.
At the moment I will use PNP sensor that finally works grinning smiley.
Now I must resolve another problem, with the extruder, but I think that I will open a new topic smiling smiley .
Thanks again for your valuable advices!
July 05, 2019 05:58PM
Can you post pictures of the wiring scheme and the resistor?
I have the NPN sensor and I'm trying to figure it out how to wire it and where plug each cable.
I know I need to conect a resistor as well.

[mertarauh.com]
July 06, 2019 08:05PM
Run google search and use schematics with a voltage divider (2 resistors).
July 07, 2019 03:49AM
piper3d
Run google search and use schematics with a voltage divider (2 resistors).

Honestly, the one with the diode and resistor is safer. The schematic is linked to in the update on the bottom of the article that user 'paulorfo' has mentioned. I did the schematic myself a month or so ago and it works flawlessly and is very safe. Open the PDF file and check out the examples paulorfo, just do it in the way the doc says and it will be fine. Just remember to make a test case first, with the hardware setup to a normal power supply away form your machine to make sure you did everything right and measure the voltages with a multimeter.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 08, 2019 11:11AM
Thanks, I'll try.
I've been reading a lot to understand the schematics and installation.
I'm totally dumb when it comes to eletronics....
I'm afraid to burn something. That's why I'm asking for clear instructions.
In any case I appreciate all the effort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login