Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Circular 220mm heated bed for 220V?

Posted by Andreas15 
Re: Circular 220mm heated bed for 220V?
December 17, 2016 03:42PM
I would surely go with the Duet elecs. So no problem there. For safety, I know I need to ground everything properly, including the frame. Any other things to take into consideration?
December 17, 2016 11:15PM
Andreas15
I would surely go with the Duet elecs. So no problem there. For safety, I know I need to ground everything properly, including the frame. Any other things to take into consideration?

- Strain relief for the heater cable close to where you terminate it, so that removing and replacing the bed is less likely to fracture the wires. My delta has a base plate and I zip tied the cable to it.
- No live parts where prying fingers can reach them
- An indicator light showing when the printer is live (e.g. an illuminated on/off switch)
- AC mains supplied to the printer via a GFCI
- Mains wiring separated from low voltage wiring as far as possible
- A fuse with the right current rating

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 18, 2016 03:25AM
dc42
mdcompositi
dc42
I thought having to edit and recompile firmware to change parameters went out with the Ark - or at least with 8-bit electronics spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry .....what are you saying?? I don't understand.......confused smileyconfused smiley

You said you have 32-bit controller electronics. I am saying that if you use one of the major 32-bit firmwares, which are RepRapFirmware and Smoothieware, you don't need to recompile and re-upload the firmware to make changes, such as changing thermistor type. You just edit the configuration file on the SD card, which is read when the firmware starts up. In RepRapFirmware, you can even do the editing in the web interface without having to remove the SD card, or change parameters such as thermistor type on the fly to see what effect they have.
I use the fork MarlinKimbra4duo, and I need to recompile if I want to make changes!
Anyway I did all the various tests comparing the two types of thermistors (that of the bed and that of E3D) obviously varying the value in the string #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED
.... And temperature readings are different ....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login