Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder stepper not working

Posted by mericanpi 
Extruder stepper not working
December 13, 2016 11:02AM
Hi
I have been trying to fix this for months, so now I have resorted to posting it here for some help.

I have a homebuild printer, with Ramps 1.4, A4988 drivers. I am using Repetier to manually drive my machine while I sort out the kinks. I am jumpered for 1/16, I have tried 1/8 too.

Everything now works except the extruder stepper. (including thermister)

I am using the Repetier firmware, I have tried the factory setting, I even mirrored the settings from my X axis, to no avail. (The extruder hob is the same diameter as my pulleys)
I even tried youtubing other people setting up their machines and copied their settings.

I have replaced drivers, checked wiring and the motor.

I have moved wiring, drivers and jumpers to E1, with the relevant details added to the firmware settings to no avail.

If I set the X axis to work on the Extruder stepper output the stepper motor works. The driver, wiring and motor are obviously not the problem.

When I click the extruder control on my computer I get the same flickers as I do when I actuate other axises, just no motion.

I have changed resolution to many settings - from 44 to 650 with no avail.

I have changed acceleration from 5000 to 200, and 100 with no success.

I have tried Invert enable signal

Can anyone please tell me what may be going wrong?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2016 11:09AM by mericanpi.
Re: Extruder stepper not working
December 13, 2016 02:23PM
Are you heating the extruder to temp befor you try to extrude filament, the firmware inhibits cold extrusion attempts.
December 13, 2016 03:12PM
Is the hotend hot? The extruder won't run if the hotend is below a minimum safety temperature unless you send M302 first.
December 13, 2016 06:41PM
OH WHAT!!! C"MON!!!!
Noob error of the century. Wish that was documented somewhere, would have been good information to have.

Thanks to you all!!! I fired it up this morning, reflashed the firmware to factory resolution and it worked first time.

There's a heap of time I'll never get back

Thank you so much !!!
December 13, 2016 07:30PM
Glad it's up and going - now the real fun starts! Welcome to the forum smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login