Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder

Posted by yar60 
extruder
December 25, 2016 03:32PM
this is the error I get, trying to setup a dual extruder on my prusai3 Mandel.

Error: Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\Configuration_adv.h:659:0,

from sketch\Configuration.h:943,

from C:\Users\Ray\Documents\Marlin-1.1.0-RC5\Marlin\Marlin.ino:37:

SanityCheck.h:400: error: #error HEATER_1_PIN not defined for this board.

#error HEATER_1_PIN not defined for this board.

^

SanityCheck.h:406: error: #error TEMP_SENSOR_1 is required with 2 or more EXTRUDERS.

#error TEMP_SENSOR_1 is required with 2 or more EXTRUDERS.

^

exit status 1
#error HEATER_1_PIN not defined for this board.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

What do I change? marlin firmware ramps1.4
Re: extruder
December 25, 2016 06:37PM
You need to change your board type from RAMPS_14_EFB (Hotend, Fan, Bed) to RAMPS_14_EEB (Hotend0, Hotend1, Bed)

If you dont want to do that for some reason, you need to add the following line to pins_RAMPS.h

#define HEATER_1_PIN {###)

Where {###} is the digital IO pin you have you second hot end heater wired to (via a mosfet or relay of course)

Add it to the section that matches your board
eg if your running RAMPS_14_EFB find the section starting in #if ENABLED(IS_RAMPS_EFcool smiley and add it in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2016 06:43PM by Dust.
December 26, 2016 06:03PM
Let me ask you where do i find a RAMPS_14_EEB?
December 26, 2016 06:31PM
in configuration.h [github.com]

"#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB"

you need "#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EEB"
December 27, 2016 02:40PM
Thank you. again for your help, Oh hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a happy New years.
December 27, 2016 03:56PM
Dust change to eeb went okay one more question i get error : MINTEMP.......Why? thank you.
December 27, 2016 10:34PM
Because your trying to extrude threw an extruder that isn’t at minimum required temperature?
January 17, 2017 12:32AM
Ok so how do i defined "extrude threw an extruder that isn’t at minimum required temperature" how do you get the 2 extruders at 0 degrees? any where I can read more information so I could get the 2 extruders to work. went back to a single extruder. Thank you for any help.
January 17, 2017 01:10AM
I wouldn't do that just yet, not until you've checked out the heater works, and the temperature sensor, in the new hotend.

Then calibrate it so you get proper values to put in for the hotend. M303 gcode sent to the printer. That gives you proper P, I, and D values to enter for the new hotend. This is very very important sometimes. It can tell you if the wrong thermistor is selected in the firmware, because the plastic isn't behaving as it should at the stated temperatures.

You could just send an M302 code to allow cold extrudes, but that isn't ideal, because you could damage the extruder if the heater isn't working and real plastic is going through. Or not going through, and grinding up the mechanism, maybe even damaging the bore of the hotend.

Full set of gcodes here, proceed cautiously. Not all firmware supports these codes, Marlin does.

[reprap.org]

Have no idea how to adjust firmware to do this, but you can just adjust most values direct without recompilation, then save to EEPROM. Saves time. You should ideally have a saved and backed up copy of the source code, but that takes time.

Reason you save your firmware source code - if the Arduino dies, you are back to square one, unless you have a saved copy of the source. Ouch.

It hurts even more when your saves don't work properly with a new version of Marlin. Ouch ouch. More work. You can save on the cloud, of course. Or multiple backups, whatever works and you know you can get your source back.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2017 01:19AM by DragonFire.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login